vii - kiddie pool

— 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐥 —

HOPPER LEAVES with the two cops from earlier today and Joyce continues questioning Jonathan. They come back minutes later with a familiar box in hand. Hopper sets the box down with a thud in front of us and I cringe.

Joyce looks into the box.

"What is this?" She asks.

"Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." My dad says.

"What?" Joyce says.

"Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan asks.

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Hopper says, lowering himself to make eye contact with Jonathan, "I wanna see you in my office."

"You won't believe us." I say.

"Why don't you give me a try." My father says, looking between us both. That's when I realized he knew more than he was letting on.

We followed him to his office and all sat down. Jonathan tried his best to explain everything about this monster we were hunting. Nancy pulls out the photo and passes it to Hopper.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asks.

"We don't know." Jonathan says.

"It's just a theory." Nancy says.

It's silent for a few moments and then Hopper sets the photo down. He grabs his keys and unlocks Jonathan's handcuffs. Joyce gets up and pulls Jonathan out of the room. Nancy and I stand up and go to leave the room.

"Not you," My dad points at me, "Sit."

Nancy leaves the room and I sit back down in the chair. He leans up against his desk and he sighs. He wipes his face with his hand and then breaks the silence.

"What are you doing, (Y/N)."

I stay silent and then he speaks up again.

"I told you not to get involved." He says, more sternly.

"I'm helping." I say.

"You're not helping," He says, "You're creating more problems and you're putting yourself in danger."

I look up at him.

"I'm not just going to sit around and do nothing when I could be out there helping to find Will." I say.

Hopper sighs again and then gets up, walking towards the door. He stops before he opens it.

"I refuse to suffer through another loss, (Y/N). I will do everything in my power to prevent that from happening." He walks out the door and I stay sitting in his office. I hear a lady yelling outside and I exit and see Jonathan and Joyce. I walk out to the main area and see a young boy with his arm in a sling.

"She had no hair and she was bleeding from her nose, like a freak." He says.

My father stopped and turned around.