xlvi - heroes

— 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 —

"OKAY, I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy says.

We had parked the RV outside of the trailer park so no one saw us drive in, specifically the people we stole it from.

"Phase one." Nancy says.

"We meet Erica at the playground." Robin says, "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two." Nancy says.

"Max baits Vecna." Steve says, "He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?" Nancy asks.

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin says.

Eddie grabs the top of Dustin's head and shakes it in his hand.

"Four." Nancy says.

"We head into Vecna's, hopefully, newly bat-free lair, and..." I begin.

"Flambé." Robin finishes.

Nancy takes a deep breath in.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy stresses.

"Got it." We all say in unison then get up.

We exit the RV and start to make our way to the park. I fling my axe over my shoulder and follow behind Steve. We safely make our way to Eddie's trailer without being spotted and Steve is the first one inside. He takes off his bag and sets it on the floor.

"Be careful." I say.

"Thanks, baby." He says.

He then steps up to the rope that was through the gate and grabs on.

"Here goes nothing." He mutters.

He then pulls himself up the rope and into the gate. His body flips over and he lands inside the Upside Down, perfectly on his feet. He then looks back up at the portal, smirking and shrugging his shoulders.

"Woah... What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin sarcastically asks.

I start clapping my hands and Robin looks over at me with disbelief. I stop clapping and shrug my shoulders.

Steve brings back Eddie's mattress in the Upside Down and sets it on the floor on the other side of the gate.

"All right. Let's go." Steve calls out to us.

Nancy shrugs her bag off and Robin kneels on the floor, letting Nancy use her thigh to step on and climb the rope. I then grab Steve's and Nancy's bags and throw them up into the gate after I had seen Nancy get up from the mattress. Next is Eddie, then Robin and Dustin. I throw my axe into the gate and it lands on the mattress, so Steve picks it up before I have a chance to climb up.

I look up at the portal and remember what happened to me last time. I step up to the rope and hold it in my hands, looking down at it and contemplating the thought.

"Hey." I hear from above me.

I look up and see Steve standing underneath the gate.

"Don't be scared, okay? I'm right here." He reassures.

I look back at the rope and clear my throat, then I climb up it. I pull my body upwards until I feel myself falling down. I expect to keep falling but I feel my body stop. I open my eyes and I was on my feet with four pairs of eyes staring at me and Steve holding me in his arms.