xxvii - the battle of starcourt

— 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭 —

STEVE HELPED me walk over to a bench since I was still a bit woozy from the out of body experience I had. He set me down and then sat next to me, moving strands of hair from my face. He seemed to be studying my face when I looked over at him and smiled. He smiled back, then held one finger in front of my face. I furrowed my brows and he got up, running over to a food shop. After a minute of so, he came back with a few napkins, one damp. He sat down next to me and took the damp napkin to my upper lip, wiping it. I looked down at the napkin and noticed blood on it, just like from earlier today. He then took a dry napkin and dried the area off.

"You know, I should be doing this for you." I say, "You look way worse than I do. Mine's just a little blood."

He chuckles.

"I know. I just don't like seeing blood on you." He says.

"Really?" I ask, "I think seeing blood is a turn on for some people."

He shakes his head.

"Well, for one, I'm not some people. And for two, that's just a little strange."

"Hey!" I say, pointing a finger at him, "Don't kink shame."

He smiles and shakes his head, then puts his hands up quickly in defeat. I grab one of his hands and pull it down, bringing it into my lap. The rest of the group gathers by us and my father watches Steve and I closely while he tends to Eleven's wounds.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike says.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy says, "And are we not gonna discuss what just happened to (Y/N)? That was not normal."

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks, ignoring Nancy.

"It's big." Jonathan says, "Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin." Lucas adds, "Sorry."

I try to ignore all the hard work we put into cleaning the place up being destroyed and try to pay attention to the conversation.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asks.

"Yes." Nancy answers.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people." Steve says.

"Yes, exactly." Nancy answers, again.

"Yeah, okay. I— Yeah, I'm just making sure." Steve says.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asks.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max says.

"But if we close the gate again—" Will says.

"We cut the brain off from the body." Max interrupts.

"And kill it." I say, causing every one to look over at me, "Theoretically."

"Okay, but, we need to talk about what happened to (Y/N)—" Nancy begins.

"What we need to talk about is how we are going to get to the gate." Hopper cuts her off.

"Yoo-hoo!" We hear the man with glasses yell.

"Yoo-hoo!" He says again, waving papers in the air and making his way over to us.