xliv - tell her

— 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐞𝐫 —

THE BOY writhes in pain as the man finishes up his tattoo.

"All done. Not so bad, was it?" The man says, "See? There's nothing to be afraid of. Is there, (Y/N)?"

My breath hitches in my throat as the man says my name. He turns his head to look at me and his eyes are void of any color.

"Why don't you take a seat?"

I quickly make my way to the door and run out of the room, finding myself in the middle of a hallway. Blood and bodies were scattered everywhere as the overhead lights flickered above me. I back up and run down a hall to the left, looking for any sign of an exit.

"(Y/N), just stay with me. Stay with me, okay?" Steve says, holding (Y/N)'s face in his hands, "Whatever you guys are doing up there, hurry up!"

Erica runs into Eddie's bedroom to deliver the message.

"Steve says you need to hurry!"

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin exclaims.

"We're trying. We can't find anything." Max says.

The group continues to rummage through Eddie's belongings.

"Seriously, what is all this shit?" Robin exclaims, holding cassette tapes in her hands.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie says, making his way over to Robin with a stack of tapes in his arms.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin exclaims while shuffling through the tapes.

Eddie rips a tape out of her hand and holds it up.

"This is music!" He exclaims.

Erica hears Steve yell, so she runs back to the portal.

"Erica, Jackie Wilson!" Steve yells.

"Jackie who?" Erica asks.

"Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson. It's her favorite song!" Steve exclaims.

"I don't think Eddie has any of that." Erica says.

"I don't care! Figure it out!" Steve desperately yells.

Erica quickly runs away from the gate and back to Eddie's room.

"Steve said she likes Jackie Wilson!" Erica exclaims.

"Jackie Wilson? Who the hell is that?" Eddie asks.

"That one song!" Nancy exclaims, "Your love lifting me higher... that one!"

"Eddie doesn't have any of that shit here! It's just people and bands I've never even heard of!" Robin exclaims.

I continue to run through the halls looking for an exit and having no idea where I'm heading. I suddenly see a large exit sign over double doors that were boarded up with two by fours. I grab at one of the boards and shake it, trying to pull it off.