xx - scoops ahoy

— 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐀𝐡𝐨𝐲 —

DUSTIN TRIES all morning to try and get in contact with any of the boys, to no avail.

"Shit. I've been home one day and you think they would answer my calls." He says.

I sigh.

"You can try again, later." I say.

"All right, kiddos. You ready?" Dustin's mom says to us.

I smile at her and grab my bag, Dustin grabbing his as well. We leave the house and hop in the car, making our way to the mall. When we finally arrive, we thank you and goodbye to Dustin's mom and head inside.

The mall is crowded with people. This was my first time here and I was pretty overwhelmed by the sight. I think Dustin noticed this, so he grabs my arm and pulls me through the crowds. He looks for the ice cream shop that I had mentioned to him and when he finds it, he pulls me over to it. We walk inside the 'sailor-themed' shop and stand behind a couple that was in line. We wait for the girl with freckles and dirty blonde hair to give the couple their ice cream, then we walk up to the counter. I realize that the girl is Robin, a classmate that I was in band with.

"Hi." Dustin says to her.

"Hi." She responds.

"I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is— is he here?" Dustin asks.

"Is who here?" She asks.

Suddenly, the door to the back room swings open and, sure enough, Steve flies out of it.

"Henderson." He says with his arms up.

Dustin laughs and points at him and I smile, admiring him in his adorable little sailor uniform.

"Henderson! He's back! He's back!" Steve says, jumping and making his way towards Dustin.

"I'm back!" Dustin says.

Robin looks extremely confused. She looks over at me and I shrug my shoulders, then she looks back at the boys.

"You got the job!" Dustin says.

"I got the job!" Steve says, putting his hands up to his mouth and making a trumpet noise.

They then do their weird handshake which consisted of fake lightsabers and Steve getting impaled and his guts spilling out. The boys laugh at each other and I realize that Steve has no idea I was standing right there.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asks, pulling Steve out of his trance.

He nods his head and motions over to her, then he finally acknowledges my existence.

"(Y/N)! You finally came!" He says, walking over to me and giving me a quick hug.

"Wait," Robin says, looking over at me, "You're the (Y/N) that Steve has been talking about?"

Steve gives Robin a look and she stops talking.

"Do you two know each other?" He asks.