xxxi - hellfire

— 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 —

I WALK into the lunchroom and towards my familiar spot, a table in the corner of the room that nobody sits at. I start to walk over to my table, but out of the corner of my eye I notice Eddie sitting at the end of a lunch table. I look back and forth between my table and his. I take a deep breath and decide to make my way towards his table.

I walk to the end of the table and Eddie looks up at me and smiles.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask pointing to the end of the table.

Eddie quickly stands up.

"Yes, actually, it is." He says with a smirk, "So, I think its better if you sit over here."

He points to the seat next to his where someone was already sitting. The boy in the chair looks up at Eddie with confusion.

"Huh? This is my seat." The boy says.

Eddie leans down in the boys face.

"We have a guest. We want to make sure our guest is welcome, don't we? We don't want her to sit at the end of the table and feel excluded like we all have before, right?" He says.

The boy slowly nods his head and Eddie stands up out of his face. The boy grabs his bag and stands out of the chair, making his way to the end of the table. I give him an apologetic smile as I make my way to the chair next to Eddie. Eddie reaches his hand out and grabs my bag from my shoulder, then pulls the chair out for me. I take a seat and he pushes me in, hangs my bag on my chair and takes his seat again.

He grabs a magazine and pulls it in front of his face, beginning to read off of it.

"The Devil has come to America. Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even..." Eddie slams the magazine on the table, "...murder."

They all laugh and I look at him with an eyebrow cocked. Suddenly, I hear someone drop their lunch trays on the table next to me and look over to see Dustin and Mike.

"Hey Dusty." I say.

"Yeah, hey Dusty." One of the boys at the table says.

Dustin looks at me with a confused look on his face.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" Dustin asks.

"Sir, please show our guest some respect." Eddie says, "I invited her to join us today. Will that be an issue?"

Dustin quickly shakes his head.

"No, no. Not an issue at all." He says.

Eddie shakes his head and the table starts to talk about something.

"Where's Lucas?" I whisper to Dustin and Mike.

"With the jocks." Mike whispers back, "We have to tell Eddie about the championship game."

Suddenly, a bang is heard on the table and I look up to see Eddie standing on it.

"But as long as you're into band or science..." He says, walking across the table, "...or parties or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!"

"You want something, freak?" Jason yells.

Eddie raises his hands to his head and sticks his tongue out, mocking Jason. I smiled at Jason's disturbed face and Dustin chuckles. Eddie begins to walk back down the table to his seat.