x - mad max

— 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐗 —

"IT'S NOT just any sweater, it's my favorite sweater and I need it right now!"

I rummage through all of my drawers and start throwing my clothes out onto the floor, becoming frustrated.

"It's not like you're trying to impress anyone, you're just going to watch the kids!" My dad yells back to me, sitting on the couch watching the television and drinking beer.

I groan and walk out into the living room. I watch my dad for a second, not turning to acknowledge my presence, and grab his beer from his hand.

"Hey!" He yells, jumping up to follow me.

I run to the sink and start to dump out his beer. He looks at me in disbelief as I continue to pour, smirking at him with one hand on my hip. He then turns and opens the fridge, pulling another can of beer out and opening it. Before he gets to take a sip, I grab the beer from his hand and start to pour that one out as well.

"What is your problem?" He asks me, crossing his arms over his chest.

I finish pouring the beer and toss both of the cans into the garbage.

"Right now," I say, turning to look at him, "You are my problem."

I walk away and go to Eleven's room, knocking on her door three times. After a minute, the door opens and I see her sitting on her bed. I lean against the door frame and smile at her.

"Hey, El. Have you seen my sweater?" I ask.

"Sweater?" She asks.

"Yeah. Its like brown and green and it totally looks like something an old lady would wear." I say and she laughs.

"No, I haven't seen it." She says, trying to contain her laughter.

I smile at her and put a hand on the doorknob.

"Well, thanks anyways." I say, "You were more help than Hop."

I close her door and then walk back to my room. Hopper was on the couch, back in the same position he was in earlier. I look through my dresser drawers once more and at the very back I find it. I throw it over my head, quickly, and then grab my brown crossbody back from the back of my desk chai and throw it over my shoulder. I slip my red converse shoes on and run out.

"I'll be back!" I say as I run out the door.

I grab my bike from the side of my house and hop on, making my way to the arcade.

"(Y/N)!" Dustin yells as I pull up to the arcade.

"Hey, boys. Did you get some change?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's yard." Lucas says and I notice Dustin roll his eyes.

"I just stole from Nancy." Mike says and I give him a disapproving look, "I'll pay her back, though!"

A car horn then beeps at us and we notice Will and Joyce pull up. I wave at them and Joyce holds Will back for a moment before letting him out. When he gets out and runs up to us, I place my bike in the bike rack and make my way over to Joyce's car. I lean down and look at her through the passenger window.

"Hi, Ms. Byers. I'll make sure Will is safe, try not to worry." I say to her.

Her face softens and she nods her head.

"Thank you, sweetie."

I start to walk away and she calls me again.

"Oh, and (Y/N)? Please, call me Joyce." She smiles and I smile back at her, giving her a wave before heading inside the arcade with the boys.