xxxvii - academic scholar

— 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫 —

MY FILE hit the desk and opened up. Robin turns in her chair and grabs it, reading what was inside.

"Um, (Y/N), what's going on?" Dustin asks.

"There's something I've been keeping from you guys because I didn't want to start another problem for everyone. I just wanted to move on after what happened." I say, looking over at Steve, "But, considering the circumstances, I think it's important to tell you."

"You're cursed by Vecna, too." Robin says, looking up from my file and meeting my eyes.

Steve turns his head and looks at me with his jaw dropped and eyes wide.

"What? (Y/N), I thought you were talking about the other thing?" Steve exclaims.

I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"I don't know if I'm cursed by Vecna, but, there are a lot of similarities in my file," I say, then drop my shoulder from Steve's arm, "But, I've also been experiencing the same things for weeks and nothing has happened to me."

"What do you mean weeks? How long exactly has this been going on?" Nancy asks.

I bring my hands together and pick at my nails to try and calm myself down.

"Since the attack at the mall." I say.

They all sit in silence for a moment, then Dustin speaks up.

"But, that doesn't make any sense? How can you be experiencing the same thing months before the others?" He asks.

"Well, at first, it was a little different." I begin, "I was having visions. I had a vision of the Mind Flayer being attached to Billy when we were down in the Russian base, before I even knew Billy was involved. And I kept having these horrible dreams, or nightmares, of Hawkins being destroyed. I saw this, thing, almost like a man but his flesh was... seared... and he called my name in a deep and demonic voice."

I look around the room and everyone is staring at me in confusion.

"I know I sound crazy but, now that I think about it, I think it was Vecna speaking to me. He was showing me the visions."

"But, like I said before, how does Vecna curse you months before he curses the others?" Dustin asks.

I sigh and look over at Steve. He gives me a small smile and nods at me to continue, then I take a deep breath in.

"Because I have something else to tell you." I say, "Or show you, rather."

The group continues to stare at me with their confused faces. I sigh and shake my head at them, then look at my file in Robin's hand. I focus on it an lift my hand up. Just like that, the file flies out of Robin's hand and straight into mine.

The group jumps at this action, especially Robin, and Nancy steps away from me. I feel Steve move closer to me and rest his hand on the small of my back while the group freaks out.

"What the heck just happened?" Robin exclaims.

"Holy shit, holy shit! You have powers!" Dustin exclaims.