xi - lightweight

— 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 —

HALLOWEEN WAS finally upon us and I was not excited in the least. Normally, Halloween was my favorite holiday. Every one dressed up in their costumes, the cold air, the autumn leaves falling down; nothing could be better than that. But, I was absolutely dreading today.

Nancy had convinced me to go to Tina's stupid Halloween party and she's forced me to dress up. I don't have an outfit nor do I have any idea what I'm going to do for an outfit. Most girls would use this as an excuse to dress up in a short and skimpy outfit, but never in my life have I worn anything short, per my father.

I throw my legs over my bed as my alarm plays that oh-so familiar song that I could never get sick of. I slam my hand on my alarm and rub my eyes and face. I grab a claw hairclip and clasp my hair back, then walk into the living room. When I emerge, I see my dad cooking breakfast at the stove. I walk up to him, slowly, and poke at his side. He jumps and turns around to face me.

"Really? Do you always have to try and give me a heart attack?" He asks, a familiar frown on his face.

"That's my job!" I say with a smile.

He turns back to the food and I look over his shoulder to see what he is making. I feel a presence behind me so I turn around and am shocked to be met with a small figure wearing a sheet with eye-holes cut out of it.

"Jesus!" I say, clasping my chest with my hand.

Hopper turns and laughs at the sight.

"Ghost." El says.

"Yeah, I see that." He says to her.

"Halloween." She says.

My stomach grumbles at the thought of the party, again, and I start to feel sick.

Hopper grabs the pan of food and walks over to the counter.

"Sure is, but right now, it's breakfast okay?" He says, "Come on, let's eat."

I grab a plate that he made off of the counter and walk to the table, sitting down and starting to eat.

"They wouldn't see me." Eleven says.

"Who wouldn't see you?" He says, grabbing the plates and sitting down at the table with me.

"The bad men." She says.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"She wants to go trick-or-treating." I say.

"Trick or treat." She repeats.

Hopper pauses for a moment and looks at the girl in the sheet.

"You want to go trick-or-treating?" He asks.

She nods her head quickly under the sheet and I smile.

Hopper stands up and gently grabs her, putting both hands on the sides of her arms.

"You know the rules." He says.