xxxiii - witch-hunt

— 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡-𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭 —

WE MANAGED to fix my tire, but only after we spent a couple hours not knowing what the hell we were doing while also trying to fix it in the dark. Luckily, one of my neighbors heard our struggle and came out to help us.

Steve spent the night since we both had work together in the morning anyways. We made our way into my house and Steve immediately sat on the couch.

"Long day?" I ask him from the kitchen.

Steve smiles and shakes his head at me. I notice him watch me as I grab some water for the both of us. His eyes follow me as I make my way over to the couch and take a seat next to him.

"Thanks." He says as he takes a glass of water from me.

I take a sip from the water and set it on the coffee table and he does the same. He puts his arm around me and we engage in small talk for a few minutes.

"Steve, can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Of course, darling."

I sigh and sit up a bit and he does the same.

"These nightmares that I've been getting they... they feel so real." I say, "Do yours feel like that too?"

"Yeah, sometimes." Steve sighs, "I just... I try to remember that they aren't real, and that everything is over."

I nod.

"It just scares me. I mean, I had those about Billy before we even knew he was connected to the mind flayer," I say, "What if what happened to Billy happens to me too?"

"Don't say that, (Y/N). Nothing's gonna happen to you."

"But what if it does?"

Steve turns his body towards me and grabs my hand. He rubs circles into my hand with his thumb.

"Then I'll do everything in my power to make sure you stay with us." He says.

I give him a small smile and grab the side of his face with my hand. I gently stroke his cheek with the side of my thumb. He smiles back at me and leans in to my face, connecting our lips. He pulls away for a moment and stares into my eyes. I feel myself getting lost in them for a moment, before he connects our lips again. Quickly, the kiss starts getting heated. His hands rest on my hips as he pulls me closer to him. I feel myself lean backwards and my back hits the couch. Steve hovers over me and we continue to kiss.

His lips move slowly on mine, but rough with passion. I feel his tongue graze along my teeth and I open to allow it in. He then takes his lips from mine and starts to trail kisses down my face and onto my neck. I move my hands up into his hair and play with it. I tug on a strand of hair and I feel him grunt on my neck. I then grab his cheek and force him to look at me.

"I want you." I say in a low whisper.

Steve's eyes go wide and I feel myself smile.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

I nod my head.

"Don't you want me too?" I ask.