Daniel Ricciardo; Wait, me?

So Daniels is basically about a former F3  racer who always dreamed of racing in F1, but an unfortunate back injury when in their early 20s during FR3.5 stopped that because it didn't heal rightknown him since karting days etc

f/n = favourite number

Small mention of Jules, having seen what Dan has said of the years, it would be ruin to not commemorate the man he was.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year was 2009, Daniel Ricciardo was the British Formula 3 winner, his friend and the only female candidate at the time, (Y/N) (L/N) was on the second podium, the pair were both promoted into Formula Renault 3.5 Series, with Daniel being taken on by Red Bull Racing as a test driver for the Red Bull units.

During testing for 3.5, (Y/N) was running at high speed in a wet lap, just to test handling of the vehicle, when the brake unit gave out, followed by the gearbox, which affected the steering. Loss of the control caused her to panic, and the only direction there could be was straight into the fence. "Davide, I've lost control! What's happened?!" Her voice ran down the mic in a pure moment of terror, unable to do anything on the straight as the wall commenced. 

"(Y/N), we can't see it. We can't tell. We're making a call, protect your neck as much as you can, and try keep yourself upright." The Italian mechanic called, watching the onboard closely to see what the driver would do. 

"Davide, I'm not sure on this. But if you say it, we'll do it." She called back, going into the emergency crash position, protecting her body, hoping the seatbelt would keep her safe, the HANS device unknowingly not connected. Thankfully the FIA's decision on tyre barriers was introduced early on, the gravel slowly damaging the tyres, but there was no other option: (Y/N) was going to end up in them, and she was gonna end up in the catch fence.

Dan had just returned from a test with RBR on a sister track, heading to the Prema garage to see his friend in action, seeing the horror on everyone's faces as he saw what was happening. His head had turned towards the screen as he saw the red and white vehicle flip to a 90 degree angle, then a body begin to fall out from the height and hit the catch fence, the vehicle falling onto of the figure beneath it. "What the fuck..." Dan whispered as a red flag appeared whilst stewards and health assessors headed to the crash site.

Dan sprinted to the pit wall and grabbed one of the headsets, looking at the screens as he listened to the audio. "Are you okay?" Davide asked, staring at the screens whilst Dan called down the headset.

"(N/N), what the hell happened?" His voice rasped, the panic setting in after many years of accidents like this. 

"Danny? I don't know... I think I'm okay?" The helmet moved slightly, the camera on it showing her head was okay. She let out a hiss as she attempted to sit up, the paramedics putting her on a backboard shortly after. "Guys, it's my back. Like, my hip is immobile."

Dan watched as she was carried into the ambulance on the site, before abandoning the headset without caution, clearing the pit lanes and garages to where the ambulance was headed, hailing it down. The driver saw him and stopped, confused, before noticing Dan run towards the now open back doors. 

"You aren't going anywhere without me." The Aussie commented, holding the small hand of the patient. 

Physiotherapy, promotions, people. It had now been about 13 years Dan and (Y/N) had seen one another. He was called forward for Torro Rosso, then Red Bull, meaning his free time rapidly decreased as he was more busy with commitments. (Y/N) had to retire from racing, the damage to her hip and spine meant that her coordination was knackered. She took up a full time position within a karting track company, training the up and coming kids. Her passion for motorsport hadn't completely dwindled, but watching races and seeing the results online caused her immense sorrow.