Mick Schumacher; Leaving Do.

So, today (17/09) was the last day I worked at my job of six and a half years. I have loved my friends and it's been so hard to leave, but I needed a better life, so I'm gonna do this as a new beginnings fic. This is purely self indulgence.

Also I haven't actually brought Michael in to the story as an actual entity so to speak, so we're gonna imagine this is a universe where he's only in a wheelchair because I love that man to this day.

F/NGN = fave non grid number
Also the dessert mention is actually what he said he liked in the second Ask Mick that Haas posted on YouTube

Any foreign language conversation is underlined.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The big day had finally come. (Y/N) (L/N) was going up from the W Series with the view to being the first female pilot to be taken on by Haas as a reserve driver. She was one of the older drivers, being in her early twenties and being part of the Ferrari Driver Academy, Gene and Günther looked at her as their future. She was announced alongside their second-year driver Mick Schumacher and long-term driver Kevin Magnussen, the CEO and Team Principal thinking it would be best.

A press conference was being held before Bahrain in 2022, with Steiner taking the helm, Magnussen and Schumacher either side of him, and their newest signing beside their younger driver. "As you can see, we have our drivers up on the stage, we would like to introduce the world to our newest member, (Y/N) (L/N)." He gestured to the end of the table as her hand raised, waving. "She will be taking on the role of reserve driver, with Enzo Fittipaldi."
He sat back in his chair as the media shitstorm began.

She was very thankful to be wearing a white Haas shirt as the lights pelted their heat down on her, let alone the actual temperature of the country they were in. The first question came from Martin Brundle. "(Y/N), you are a very welcomed face in the paddock, with drivers like Esteban Ocon, Lance Stroll and Yuki Tsunoda praising you on your second place in W series last year, as well as karting and feeder series wins, will this be any different?"

She grinned as her twirled the microphone between her fingers, thinking cautiously. "Well, thank you for saying I'm a welcomed face, I think that drivers like Jamie should be here instead of me, but I'm grateful for the opportunity before I say anything else." She shared a grin with the table, seeing them all give her a thumbs up, making the media laugh. "I don't think it'll be dissimilar, there may be some different styles of driving, and there is certainly more testosterone, but racing is racing. I'm here to fulfill a duty to my team, and I can't wait for my first outing."

Martin nodded and sat down, handing the mic over to Will Buxton. "Following on from your comment of there being more testosterone, are you at all intimidated by the competition that you could face?"

"Verstappen and Hamilton have made mistakes before, much like myself and Jamie. If I'm in the car, I simply just hope to make it to the end of the last lap, see the flag and get into the pits safely. The grid has been very welcoming, Daniel has offered to help me with reflexes, Carlos and Charles have been ever so kind and have answered any questions I may have, not to mention what Mick has had to handle!" She laughed, feeling his knee knock against hers.

"Can you expand on that?" Buxton pressed.

"Mick has been very close to me as we grew up together on the tracks, so he's seen me come from my first kart race and throw up after adrenaline wore off, and more recently has been there when I got my place in W Series."

The audience before them cooed, Will taking his leave and sitting down in his seat. Someone stood up in the crowd and (Y/N) immediately knew, and nearly burst into tears. "Will you miss W series?" Chadwick asked, grinning at her friend as they watched a camera pan between them.