Carlos Sainz Jr; Piece of Cake.

Checo sister??
Lando Bestie?? Lando Bestie.

And here is my thought process.

Gonna base this back when he was announced by Ferrari and go from there, carlando is alive and well still so there's no hard feelings at a guess

Ngl kinda wish I gave Carlos Daniel's Addams Family storyline, but I love Daniel so much and it works for him well

As always, thanks for the views, the votes, they are much appreciated across both platforms I'm on💚

tarta de cumpleaños - birthday cake

Foreign language convo as always is underlined

Also think this is the first fic I've written that doesn't have Mick as a character in about fifteen chapters lmao
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Carlos!" Martin Brundle yelled after him, seeing him stride through the paddock. "How does it feel to be a Ferrari driver?"

Carlos turned round but continued to walk, checking his shoulder every so often before giving his answer. "I am still committed to McLaren until the end of the season, ask me in November!" He joked, making the Sky reporter laugh as he waved goodbye.

It was his home race and it was only about a week and a half since he was announced by Ferrari, and it didn't go unnoticed in the paddock with the change that was happening in McLaren. Lando was already getting treated like the number one, having come from the McLaren Young Driver Programme, which didn't bother Carlos as that was expected, but it was also noted that Zak had begun doing what he does best, ignoring the treatment of the driver still under his care.

He walked into the hospitality suite and greeted those there, shaking hands, hugging friends, before seeing Lando and making a beeline for him. The Brit looked up from his phone and grinned at his friend, waving. "You alright?" Lando said, fist bumping the Spaniard.

"Well, except for the change in attitude towards me from Zak, I think so?" Carlos replied, sitting down at the table and watching as Lando grinned at his phone. "You got a girlfriend or something?" He jested, watching as Lando wheezed a laugh out whilst shaking his head.

"Nah, I surprised my bestest mate from home with a paddock pass for the weekend at the start of the season," he explained, seeing the Spaniard nod. "She was a Red Bull fan, but I got her on our side when I signed on, I'm waiting to hear that she's by the gates so I can greet her!" Lando sounded so happy, he had struggled to see her more, and it was like he was missing his twin sister.

"Well, we grew up watching Seb be successful, I can't blame her!" Carlos said, chuckling away as Lando looked up from his phone. "But now she's on our side, another fan for me for a short while, but all the more for you!" He continued, watching as Lando's smile faltered slightly.

"I still cannot believe you're gonna be a Ferrari driver, you're literally gonna make history!" The Brit said, watching as Carlos dropped his head, hiding the grin on his face. "Don't expect me to take it easy on you!"

"I don't expect it, my friend!" He said with a laugh, seeing Lando now start vibrating with excitement in his seat. "Can I assume your friend is here?"

"Nearly, I'm gonna head to the gates, coming with?" Lando asked as he stood up, adjusting the legs of his jeans before watching as Carlos also stood up, pulling his sunglasses down from his hair and resting them on the bridge of his nose.

"Why not, it'll be a bit of a shock for her though, no?" He said, following Lando out the door and towards the gate, them both stopping as they walked out to take photos and sign things. As they managed to escape the media circus and some of the fans, Lando finally responded.