Chapter 1: Going Back

I was down stairs cooking breakfast when I felt someone's arms wrap around me so I jumped. "Its me." "I'm sorry its just." "I know" He said cutting me off. I still can't shake the feeling of someone else putting their arms on me and the nightmares don't help. Someone coughed which made me and Shawn jumped as he quickly unwrapped his arms from me. "Hey Mrs. Bleu." Hi Shawn" She said dry while eying him. My mother loves Shawn but she loves messing with him more. "Why are you looking at me that Mrs. Bleu?" "Why are you hanging on my daughter like that?" "Aw okay you know me and La'Rayna are just friends." "Umm better be." I love the way my mom picks with Shawn. I fixed my mom plate then fixed me one and sat down. "Oh so I don't get any." "I didn't know if you were hungry." "What you mean you didn't know if I was hungry I just got up just like you...see both of yall be playing games." He said getting up to fix him a plate pointing to my mom and me.

"So Shawn how is the camp coming along" My mother said. I can tell she was trying to be funny but I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Shawn didn't tell me anything about a camp. "Camp what camp?" I said asking Shawn with a confused tone. "Uhh I got to go to work," He said looking up from the stove puzzled. "I thought you were going to eat first." "Yeah but I'm not that hungry I can wait until lunch." "No you can't skip breakfast that's the most important meal of the day if you don't how will you be able to function at work." "Nah I'll be okay Mrs. Bleu." "I don't think your father would want you to go to work without eating first." "What camp are you talking about." "I have to..." "Answer the question Shawn Taylor Weiss." "Camp Lakeview" He mumbled. "What?" "Camp Lakeview." He mumbled again. "I can't hear you." "Camp Lakeview" He said while turning away from me.

I was lost and confused. I just sat there blank and emotionless. The words Camp Lakeview echo in my head as I went back in time. I was on the bus on the way to camp along with my friend, having a good time with some other kids on the bus until some kid came to the back of the bus starting trouble. "Is this y'all's first time going to this camp." "Yeah...I really never been to a camp before" I said. The reason for that is because back home we had kids camp but it wasn't a real camp. We would just go for half the day play games then go home Monday through Thursday. "Thought so I never seen you on this bus before." He looked us up and down "Well your really going to enjoy this one...if you live." "Wait what do you mean if we live?" "Oh so you guys haven't heard the story about cabin six." We shook our heads no. "Well along time ago at camp Lakeview it was this guy...well they say it's a guy no one really knows what it is." "So what" Shawn said. "The thing is a killer." "Yeah okay" "I'm not lying everyone knows this story." He turned to the other kids on the bus who we were talking to and they shook their heads. "Well cabin six is abandon and it is said to live inside of there...It comes out during the day sneaking around watching kids to see what it wants to kill...after he picks the person he wants to kill he comes back out at night after the camp fires kills them then roast them on the camp fire." "Roast them." "Yeah roast them then take them back to cabin six and eats them....but that's if your lucky...there are many to he things that he does to the campers to scary to even say and some say it happens every year."

Everybody was shocked and scared like they never heard the story before. I was pretty scared myself. "So you came here before." Shawn asked. "Yeah." "Did you ever see anything?" "No but my friend in the other cabin did...I just hope yall know what you guys are getting into." He said with an evil laugh. "Why are you trying to scare everybody?" "I'm not its true." "Well if it's true how come you didn't see anything." "If you don't believe me just see for yourself." He walked off laughing again.

I don't know what was up with that guy. My name is La'Rayna Bleu. I am 12 years old and my so-called mother...I say so-called because she is sending me to camp. Camps are for people who are geeks in my opinion...people who have nothing else to do any the summer because they have no friends so they send them to camp to make friends. Its a good thing my best friend Danielle who is not on the bus because her parents didn't want her on a dirty bus with a bunch of dirty kids they're words not mines. Also my other friend Shawn is coming with me. You know he is a true best friend because I asked him to go with me just one time and he said yes. If I was him I would have said no, if ands, buts about it. Don't ask me again because I'm not going even if you paid me. But that's why I love my Shawn he would do anything for me. As for Danielle going to camp her parents sent her there because she got into trouble and they thought camp was the perfect punishment. "Shawn do you believe that boy." "No he's just trying to scare us." "Are you scared?" "No calm down there's nothing out here and besides why would they keep the camp opened if that stuff did happened." "Your right nothing is going to happen." I hope not.

"Danielle you are crazy." "Hey somebody has to teach that little boy a lesson. He's always picking on someone." "Yeah like on the bus he was telling us this story about this guy who kills and eats the kids at the camp." "What?" "Yeah that's what he said and all the other kids agreed with him but Shawn said he was just trying to scare us." "Yeah maybe because were the new kids." "Right" I said but I still couldn't get over it. It could be the fact that I watch too many horror movies. "Are you guys talking about that things?" Some girl that was in our same cabin spoke up. She looked a little pale and it stood out even more because of her red curly hair, which were in two pigtails and the freckles on her face. "What thing" Danielle said. "Well it's this thing...nobody really knows what it is but it's supposed to go around every year this time and kill the campers." "And you believe that?" said Danielle. "Well yes its true it was all over the news and in the newspapers." "I didn't hear anything about this." "It was only in this town. I live here about 10 miles from the camp." "Well if its true then why do they keep the camp running." I said trying to remember what Shawn told me. It just can't be true if they keep the camp running.

A bunch of kids missing from camp every year just doesn't make sense. "It doesn't happen every year like they say...Well I don't think it does...A few years back the thing started terror on the camp...it first started off as a sick joke...just some kids messing around until one of them went missing." "What happened?" I asked anxious and scared. "No one ever found him." "Okay this doesn't explain anything some kids were messing around and then one went missing." Danielle said doing air quotes when she said missing. "Big deal just some small town talk because you guys have nothing better to do." "It is not." "Well when I see it I will believe it." "Believe what?" Another girl said as she walked in. She was really pretty but it looked like she didn't care. Her clothes were ragged, her hair was in a messy bun, and she looks like she doesn't get much sleep. "Nothing Melly." "Don't call me that I told you never to call me that." "Sorry." "My name is Melissa you got that...that goes for you two as well." She walked over to my bunk and put her army like bag on my bed. "Excuse me but this is my bed." "Excuse me but this is my bed" she said pointing to the name written on the side Melissa C. Wytte. "Sorry." I don't know why I was apologizing she was the one that was rude but I didn't want to hear anything else from her. I grabbed my suitcase and moved to a bonk closer to Danielle. "Come La'Rayna lets go look around camp. Do you want to come um?" "Suzanne Heather Mills but everyone calls me Susie H. "Susie H. would you like to come?" "Oh yes I could show you around."

Once we got outside of the camp I just had to know what was up with that girl. "Whats up with Miss. Melissa C. Wytte." "Oh she's always like that especially since her brother gone missing." I stopped dead in my tracks. "Wait are you saying her brother is the boy that alleged went missing." "Yes, but not alleged is, did go missing."