Chapter 18: Finding The Truth part 1

I was sitting on the window seal of his office looking over some paperwork. I look up and Shawn was finally getting off the phone. He was so frustrated. "Is everything okay?" "Yeah, I just have to go check something out." "I can go look if you want." "No, its okay I can handle it. I'll be back. If you need anything call me okay." "Okay, just go." I got up and sat in Shawn's big brown office chair. It was so comfortable that it made me want to fall asleep right in it. But I can't and I have to get back to work. I set the paperwork down and seen a brown envelope with Shawn's name written on it in black letters it said important read admittedly. I didn't want to be nosy but I couldn't help myself. I pulled out the first thing and it had a picture of all of us at camp. Susie H, Shawn, Danielle, Kirk and his minions and I. I turned the picture over and it said the past in red letters. I don't understand. What about the past?

"If we are leaving I'm going to take these letters. We can check them all out tomorrow." "Wait, let me at least check to see what fell in the closet." I turned back around and opened the closet door. I shine my flashlight inside. On the floor there was a book. The back of the closet there was a hole. Too small for anyone of us to go through. I picked the book off the floor and felt something wet and sticky on the bottom. I shined my flashlight at the back of the book. "Ew!" I yelled. Shawn and Danielle came running over. "What is it?" "Is that blood?"

I screamed and dropped the box. Shawn took off his shirt and wiped my hands with it. "Calm down guys." He held my hands trying to get me to calm down. "Look we are going to go back to the cabin with these letters and this box. We are going to figure out whats going on." He picked the box back up with his shirt and started to wipe it off. "Come on lets get out of here."

We made it back in time before the check-ins. We had to be very quite though because Susie and Melissa were sleeping. "Danielle," I whispered. "What?" She whispered back. "I don't think that I can go to sleep. Not after all of that stuff we found. And the blood. I can't forget about the blood." "La'Rayna everything will be okay. Tomorrow after breakfast we will go through everything and get to the bottom of this. You have to relax and go to sleep." "But what are we really getting ourselves into? We don't even know whats going on." "La'Rayna this was your idea." "I know but I'm scared." "It will be okay. We will figure it out tomorrow." With that we both went to sleep.

The next day at breakfast was really quiet between all of us. McKinley hall was thriving and booming with campers all over. I could hardly eat. I was pushing my food around my plate to pass the time. Just thinking about what this camp could be hiding and what all of this could mean. Like that book what could that book possibly be about. Why was there blood on the book? "La'Rayna are you ready to go?" "Huh." "I asked if you are ready to go. Breakfast is over." "Oh yeah."

We head back over to Shawn and Kirks cabin since they are the ones that took the book. This morning around seven they came over to our cabin to take the bag of letters that Danielle brought with her. It was easier to get the items since everyone was still sleeping and we didn't want Melissa and Susie to find out about them. "Before we go through anything we must make promises to each other," Shawn spoke up. "Promise about what?" "We have to promise that whatever we find here we will not tell another soul at this camp and that there is no turning back after we find out the truth." "We promise." All of us said.

There was no telling what could happen after we uncover the truth. This camp is hiding things from us. We are going to get to the bottom of it no matter what. I just knew something wasn't right about this camp. With the way the treat Melissa,  not being able to call home all these crazy stories going around about a killer, missing campers, and cabin six.  Now we find out that our letter may not have made it home and this book with blood on it. I have to know whats really going on with Camp Lakeview. 

To be continued...