Chapter 24 Found

They found the both of us lying under a pile of leaves and a log in the woods. Apparently, we weren't the only survivors. Two people made it out and were able to call the police. They both were badly injured. You don't know how happy I was when I saw my mother and father standing by the police cars.

I ran into their arms. It was the first time that I had let Shawn go. Hugging them made me cry even harder. The thought that Danielle wouldn't be able to do the same and the fact that it could've been me. There were going to be a lot of parents not bringing their kids home alive that day.

There was a light shining brightly in my eyes through the cracks of the log; indicating that the sun was starting to come up. I wasn't sure if this was a good sign or not. Who knows if the killer is still out there.

Shawn had managed to fall asleep somehow. I was too scared to go to sleep so I told him to get some rest while I kept a lookout. He was reluctant but happen to do so anyway. I knew he was pretty tired after what he was doing out there.

Shawn started to groan indicating that he was waking up. He shot up fast and let out a small cry. I covered his mouth to stop us from being heard. "Shh." His eyes widen. "Rayna." He grabbed me tight. I hugged him back knowing we both needed the comfort. "I thought I lost you." "Bad dream." "Yes, too bad it all wasn't a dream." I closed my eyes tight realizing what he meant. "I know." "Did you get any sleep?" "No, I couldn't I just couldn't." "Come on lay down. Everything is going to be okay. Someone will come for us. I just know it." "Do you think he is still out there?" "I'm not sure."

The atmosphere became quiet and the air seemed to grow thick. "Shawn I'm scared," I whispered. "You don't have to worry I'm not going to let anything happen to you alright. Do you understand?" I nodded my head. "Good, try to get some rest." I relaxed in his arms hoping to find some sort of comfort to ease my nerves.

"You never told me what you went back for. What happened what did you do?" "I just went back to see if anyone was still alive and try to find something to reach home, the police or something." "Was anybody still alive?" "I'm not sure." "Well, what about Kirk and." "Rayna." He said cutting me off. "I really don't know." "Shawn." "Shh." He hushed me. I became still as a rock because I heard it too. Something was out there.

Trying to be still and quiet as I can I closed my eyes and held my breath. It was attentional but more so fright. Shawn noticed my stillness and begin rubbing my back to calm me down. "It's okay." He whispered in my ear over. I felt a slight tickle in my ear sending a chill through my body.

I begin to pray silently hoping that we make it out of here alive. I started to pray that I would see my mommy and daddy again. I prayed that Danielle family will be okay with the news of their daughter. Most of all I prayed for the whole camp.

The crackling noise against the leaves was getting heavier. The sound appeared to be close to us. Grumbling and moaning escape the lips of whoever was out there. There was a loud thud on the ground. "Och." We heard someone say.

"Someones out there." Shawn laid me next to him as quietly as he can and started to get up. "Shawn no what are you doing." "Someone is out there and they sound like they are hurt." "I get that but what if." "Nothing will happen. I promise just stay here." He picked up some more leaves and spread them over my body. After he was done with that he lifted the log up just a bit to peak out.

Once I saw him remove the log completely I grab his arm."What are you doing?" I whispered to him. "Its okay just lay back down," He said. He pulled himself up and climbed out placing the log back over me. I sat up and peak from under the log. I don't care what he says I'm not letting anything happen to him either. I can't lose anyone else.