Chapter 4: Jake

"La'Rayna are you okay," Shawn asked. "Yeah I'm fine." "You just seem a bit nervous." "She must still be scared about those stories people been telling." "I am not." "Yeah if you say so." "I'm not I just never been in a boat before," I said lying. well more like half lie. Someone is watching me and its freaking me out and I never been in a boat. "It will be fine you can be my partner." We were going canoeing. The camp staff were telling us the rules like two to a canoe, keep life jackets on at all times, and no going pass the yellow ropes and other safety stuff. To be honest I was still a little shake up about those stories but the people around here walk around like its nothing. Maybe I'm just worrying for nothing. "Shawn." I whispered. "Yeah." "Do you feel like someone is watching us?" "No, La'Rayna you are worrying too much." "But." "But those are just stories try to have fun while we're here for the next three months." "Ok ."

He was right we are going to be here for three months and acting paranoid isn't going to help. Besides the feeling that someone was watching us faded away as soon as I clam down. I have just been overreacting and I need to start having fun before I ruin everyone's trip. I was in the canoe with Shawn we were pretty far out and Kirk, Danielle, and Susie wasn't pretty far behind with a few selected other kids at the camp. Most of everyone stayed pretty close to the shore. "Shawn lets go in some." "Why?" "You know I hate deep water." "You're wearing a life jacket and besides I wouldn't let you fall out." "Isn't this great," Kirk said canoeing over to us. "Yeah really great." He is cool and all but he's a very combative like he has to prove he's the best or something. "Whoa whoa." "Kirk stop playing before we fall in." "I'm just joking." "Well sit down were not supposed to be standing up in the canoe." "What could happen?" "Either you sit willing or by force you choose." Danielle is crazy. "Alright don't get your panties in a bunch." As he was starting to sit down he tripped on the paddle and fell in the water. "Oh my gosh Kirk." We all yelled. "Kirk." We were searching in the water for him but no sign. Our boat started to rock. "Shawn," I screamed. "Don't worry." Then it stopped. "Kirk." We were all looking on the same side so we didn't see this coming. "Boo." We all jumped back. "Aw Kirk your such a jerk." "I was just fooling." He said laughing. "Well it wasn't funny." "Lighten up." He climbed back in the canoe and we all went back to shore. "Why are you all wet McCray?" "Well uhh." "His paddle fell in the water and I tried to push it back to him with mine paddle so the water splashed him. " "Yeah that's what happened." "Why aren't you wet?," Cutlip said eying Danielle. "I moved out the way," she said. "Next time keep your paddle inside the boat." That was a close one we all could've been banned from canoeing for Kirk little stunt. It's just like Shawn though he is always covering for someone or helping someone out. Its been a long boring day and I just want to eat, go to bed, and hope tomorrow is going to be better. Day two of rules can't come fast enough.

I've been running for quite sometime trying to get away from...uh I'm not too sure what or whom I'm running from. The last thing I remember was being in the equipment room. Consoler Cutlip told me to put the bag of balls in there after a game of dodge ball or what he likes to call it a game to toughen up weak little men. It was so dark in there and there wasn't a light switch to turn on so I couldn't see. I went to the back looking for a place to put the bag of balls in. I heard a loud crashing sound like glass breaking then someone shouted. I went to go see what happened but nothing. I look and turn around and seen a shadow and a growling noise letting me know that was my que to get up on out of there. I'm no dummy I watch too many scary movies to just stand there or going to look for what was making that sound. Besides I'm black we always go first. I ran outside and into Jake. "Jake do not go in there." "Uh what, why?" "There's something in there no you can't go in there." "Its fine there's nothing out here besides consoler Cutlip told me to put the bag of balls inside there." "What?" I had this confused look on my face. How could he be putting the bag of balls up if that's what I was doing? I looked down into his hand and seen a bag of balls. I heard him laugh so I look up and Jake had this evil look in his eye and started to grin. His laugh got even louder and he opened up the bag of balls expect there wasn't any balls in there but... "No." I shouted while shaking my head then took off running towards the woods. I had to stop for a breather. I leaned up against a tree for a while I hope everyone at the camp is ok. I just realized its Jake he's the killer. 'Crack' 'Crack' I heard a noise so I started to back up and bummed into someone. "Ahh." "Clam down its me. "Shawn oh man I glad I found you." "What are you doing way out here?" "I was putting the balls up in the equipment room like Mr. Cutlip told me to but then I heard a scream and glass breaking so I went to go check it out but nothing was there and then there was a shadow so I ran and Jake...Oh my gosh Jake he is the killer." I said panting and speaking really fast. "What Jake a killer?" "Yes." "Come on," Shawn said pulling on me sleeves toward the camp. "No we can't go back." "And why not." "I just told you." Wait why was Shawn out here. "A killer La'Rayna there is no killer out here." "What are you doing out here." "I was coming back from the fishing site." "The fishing site is that way. I said point in the op piste direction from the cameo site. And, and you came from that direction." "So I got lost." "No, no, no." I turn and ran. "La'Rayna wait. La'Rayna." I heard Shawn calling my name but no way was I going back. I kept running until I tripped and fell and Shawn caught up to me. "La'Rayna what is going on," He said trying to help me up. "Let me go you're all apart of it." "Apart of what?" My eyes grew wide. "La'Rayna whats wrong." "Shawn behind you look out." It was too late his head was lying right next to me and I was covered in blood. I knew I was next. "Ahh."

I woke up sweating. It was just a dream. "La'Rayna are you ok," Danielle said. "Yes I'm fine just a bad dream." "Must of been some dream you were tossing around for a while," Susie H said. "No it was nothing." "Are you sure because if you wanted to talk about it I'm here?" "Danielle I'm fine sorry I woke everyone up." "But." I cut her off before she could say anything else. "No really its okay," I said flashing a fake smile so she wouldn't worry. "Go back to bed. Both Danielle and Susie H got back into bed and went to sleep. I looked across the room Melissa was siting there staring at me she smirked and laid back down and went to sleep. As for me I faked like I was sleep for the rest of the night. Who was I fooling I was too scared to go back to sleep again. So all I could do was try to figure out what that dreamed meant. Wait who's Jake?