Chapter 15: Changing Ways

The camp has been coming along just great. It's expected to open in a few weeks. Kids from all over the country have already signed up to go. Shawn had hired the staff to run the camp. Things are going just great. I still haven't been yet and I don't plan on it. I have been helping Shawn with the plans right here at home. I tried to get them to change the name from Camp Lakeview to Camp Creekwood. I don't know just something different to have a fresh start but Shawns dad was very adamant to keep the name the same. He said something about persevering history and changing people's perspectives from what happened years ago. Making people see that Camp Lakeview wasn't original a horror camp but what the camp stood for blah blah.  

I went into Shawn's room to see him packing. "Where are you going?" "I have to go out to the camp and make sure everything is going great. With the grand opening is in a few days so I need to get out there as soon as possible." "And when were you going to tell me this?" "I just found out myself. My dad was going to go out there but he has to go to another property so that leaves me." "How long are you going to be gone?" "Until the opening." I sat down on his bed. He stopped packing and came over and sat next to me. "You should come with me." I looked at him like he was crazy. There was no way that I could go back to that camp. "I don't think that I can step foot back in the camp." "I think it would be good for you. Good for the both of us. I feel like we can finally move on. I haven't been yet but we changed a lot of things about the camp. They layout isn't the same. It would be like we are looking at a different camp. I'll be there so you won't be alone." "I don't." "Danielle would want you to go." "Stop using the Danielle card," I said hitting him with a pillow. I knew he was right I couldn't keep moping around. It will not bring her back. I can't keep letting life pass me by because of what happened in the past. Danielle didn't save my life for me to sitting around and be depressed. "I guess. Only on one condition. We have to have something to celebrate all the people who have died." 

Driving to Camp Lakeview was pretty fun. I let Shawn play music in the car. We sung along to songs on the radio. Mostly I just listened to Shawn singing. I loved to hear his voice. If he didn't work for his dad I would suggest  that he try to get into the entertainment business. He can really sing. We talked about a lot of things. I haven't been talking a lot since what happened years ago. It just felt great to get back to my old self once again. 

We pulled up the camp. I was kind of nervous. We haven't been here in 15 years. The camp will open in a few days. The exact day 15 years ago that we went to camp. Shawn got out the car. I stayed in to take a few deep breaths. You can do it. You can get out of the car. My car door opened and I knew it had to be Shawn. "Are you getting out?" "Yes." He reached in for my hand to help me out of the car. It was so surreal. Standing in front of the entrance to the camp. Looking up at the wood sign with the words Camp Lakeview above our heads. I couldn't believe that I was back here. "Well, we have arrived. Lets go," Shawn said grabbing my hair. 

To be continued... 

A/N: I was going to make this chapter longer because this was going to be the only chapter in the present for awhile...but I decided to create another present chapter and that will be a lot longer....I have a lot of stuff that I want to happen before we go back to the past.