Chapter 23 murder camp

We looked out the window and seem something coming out the cabin across from ours and something spotted us. We started to run toward the back of the cabin and sneak out the back way. If Susie never showed us this we would've had a way out. "Hurry up." "Get it open." For some reason, Susie was struggling to lift the metal part off the door. I guess she was scared and panicking. Danielle pushed her out the way and got it up. She looked up at the both of us. "Go." Susie went first then it was my turn. 

"Danielle help me my foot stuck." She rushed back over to pull my foot out. Then the door slammed open and there it was standing there. "Come on La'Rayna pull harder." "I'm trying." I finally got my foot unstuck and we headed towards the back door but it wouldn't open. "La'Rayna climbed through the whole." "But Danielle." I didn't want to leave her and she knew it but it was the only way. "Just do it you're the smallest you will fit and then I'll go it will be faster that way." I did as she said and reached my hand in to help her out. 

As she grabbed on to my hand that's when it grabbed onto her. "Uhhh let me go." "Danielle I got you don't let go," I said pulling her harder. "Please let go." She looked at me with pleading eyes and that's when I knew she wasn't talking about it and begging him to let her go she was talking to me. I shook my head at her. "No Danielle I got you I will not let you go." I knew I wasn't strong enough but I just couldn't leave her there she didn't leave me. She looked at me one last time his grip was too strong and I lost hold of her. "Uhhhh." "DANIELLE NOOOOO!" I shouted.

How could I let her go? I lie there and watch as he smiled at her than me like this was some kind of game that he was getting ready to play and enjoy because he won. She screamed trying to kick it off her. "Danielle I'm coming," I said while I tried to wiggle my way back in. "No run don't worry about me." She continues to kick until it stabbed her in her stomach. He did it over and over again while she screamed at the top of her lungs and all I could do is sit there and watch. There was so much blood everywhere. I was helpless she was helpless and I couldn't even help her. I was in shock I couldn't move

"Danielle." I was frozen and I couldn't move. All I saw was blood. Blood was everywhere. I just stood there watching Danielle be stabbed to death. I couldn't do anything but watch my best friend die. I felt a tug on my arm but my feet stayed planted. "La'Rayna come on we have to go." Susie's voice rang in my ears. She pulled on my arm harder lifted my feet off the ground. I turned around and ran right alongside her hoping to get away.

I felt so guilty leaving Danielle behind. But what could I do? "Susie where are we going." "I don't know but we have to get far away as we can." "We have to hide." "Come on I know a place in the woods. If we can just make it there we should be fine." "The woods." "Yeah." 

The woods was the last place that I wanted to be right now. After finding Cash body in the cave and knowing that anybody who runs into the woods gets killed. I wanted to go somewhere that wasn't by the camp. But this camp is surrounding by woods. When I thought that we were far enough from the cabin I stopped in my track to take a breather. 

"Come on we have to keep going." "I have to find Shawn first. I can't leave him." "If he isn't dead I'm pretty sure he's long gone." When she said that I pretty much lost it. "No, no he isn't he wouldn't leave me. He might be out there looking for me." Tears started to fall from my face uncontrollably. That's when it hit me that Danielle really is dead. Shes not behind me. Shes not catching up. Shes never coming back. "La'Rayna it isn't your fault." "She died because of me." "No, she died because there is a crazy person out there killing people. You can't blame yourself for that." 

We heard someone screaming and I wasn't about to think twice I ran into the closest place I knew to hide. I couldn't tell how far the scream was but I wasn't about to wait to find out. The old bathhouse had to be the closest place. The bathhouse of all places. Who knows what could be hiding in here. This place hasn't been in use for a few years now. The good thing is there was more than one way to get out. "La'Rayna wait up." I hear Susie whisper.