Chapter 29 The Nightmare

"You have to be kidding me." "Look I know it sounds crazy and you don't have to believe me." "Rayna I really don't want to hear this right now. We have a kid missing." "Yeah, and you didn't want to hear it back then either but I was right" "This isn't the same thing." "How come its not?" "Because he's dead okay. We made sure of it." "Did we?" "Why do you think I went back?"

All these years I never knew why Shawn went back. I remember begging him not to but I never asked him for his reasoning to go. When he came back he seemed like a different person and I didn't know why. I never questioned him. I never had to because I always trusted him. What other reason would he have to go back if it wasn't told bring anyone along? He never came back with anyone or anything.

"What happened?" He started to speak but was cut off by the door opening. "Mr. Weiss I'm sorry to interrupt. One of the counselors said shifting their eyes between Shawn and I. "But um there is some good news and um bad news." "Its okay come on in. So, what's going on." "Well, sir we found Lucus. But we um we found something else as well."

Hearing the words we found Lucus gave me relief. Maybe we were just jumping to conclusions but who could blame us. We have good reasons to. 

"What's going on?" "You see we found Lucus hiding out in a cave. But he was covered in dry blood." "Oh my gosh is he okay?" "He may be a little shaken up but the blood wasn't his." "What do you mean the blood wasn't his?" "That's just it the blood wasn't his. Just before we found him in the cave we found a body out in the woods. At first, we thought it was him but the body seemed to be there for a while."

"How is that possible if Lucus end up with dry blood on him?" "I agree this isn't adding up." "Excuse me um we think that the little boy was killed recently." "Little boy?" "Yes, that's why we thought the little boy was Lucus at first." "Who could this little boy be everyone at camp has been counted for."

The bus company was only able to allow one bus to come to pick up the kids. They claimed it was because every other camp this summer already rented the buses as well and they are not responsible for Camp Lakeview itself. Shawn was furious. He was yelling on the phone demanding to send more to get these kids off the camp as soon as possible.

He put his head down shaking it. "What happened what did they say?" "That there was nothing they could do. That this was the only bus they had left to send. I mean we had a contract. How am I supposed to get these kids off this camp." "Sir I'm guessing we have to send who we can. Its better than nothing." "He's right Shawn. As much as I hate saying this we have to send who we can." "How can I do that knowing what I know."

We gathered all the kids in Mckinly hall. We tried to explain the situation the best we could. We didn't want to scare the kids, especially the little kids. The other kids were fully aware of what was at stake. You can see in the eyes of a few who are choosing to stay behind and set the younger siblings ahead.

Shawn quited the room down so that he could address the situation at hand. Everyone didn't know what was going on and he wanted to keep it that way. He didn't want to scare anyone into a panic. 

"I know you are all bummed that camp is ending sooner than expected. But I would rather keep everyone safe. Don't worry nobody is in danger. As you can see that Lucus was found and that he is okay. Everyone safety is the most important. We have to shut down in order to secure the camp. As of right now, the camp is on lockdown until transportation arrives. As soon as transportation arrives you will be lead out by your assigned coulser. Those of you who will be staying will receive further instructions."

We were outside with the kids getting them all ready to get on the bus to leave. "Its okay most of us are getting on the bus. A few of us just have to stay behind. I'm sure they are sending another bus. You will see me soon." I heard a kid tell their younger brother who was crying. "But why do you have to stay." "So you and your little friends can get on. Come on look at me a big tough guy like me isn't afraid of anything. I can handle it alright."