Chapter 25 Home

I sat next to Shawn hospital bed while he slept. He's been sleeping since I first arrived. His wound was deeper than we both thought and he lost a lot of blood. And since it was clean or stitched up properly he ends up getting an infection. They thought he wouldn't make it if his infection spread to anywhere else in his body. They are keeping him here for a few nights to make sure that it doesn't happen. 

All I had was a few cuts and bruises and a nasty gash on my left leg. It wasn't that bad so they leaned me up and I was able to leave with my parents. A police officer tried to talk to us but I was so shaken up that I didn't want to speak to anyone. There were two people that survived that was able to run and get help to send back to the camp.

So many people had lost their lives. They said it was one of the biggest massacres in history.

Back at camp when they were checking us out. Before we were sent off to the hospital. I saw Kirk sitting in a cop car rocking back and forth. His eyes were bucked and he looked as if he was chanting something. I don't know what happened to him after him and Shawn split up. I four sure that he was dead like everyone else. 

Some of the parents have come together. I guess when an experience like this happens to your kids you have nothing else to do but support one another. I overheard my parents talking to Kirks about how they had to put him in a psych ward. All he was doing was yelling and screaming that he was right the whole time but nobody believed him. It had gotten to the point where he would just yell I knew it over and over. 

His parents were telling mines this because my mom and dad were considering about putting me in one. That got me thinking. Are we insane? What happened to us out there did that make us crazy. 

"Rayna." My head shot up so fast. "Shawn." He turned his head and looked at me. "Are you alright?" I nodded my head. "Good thats good." He looked around the room realizing where he was. "So, we made it uh." I nodded my head again. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to speak. I shocked myself by saying his name but I think for now that's as far as its going to go. 

"Do you know whats going on?" I shook my head no. "Its okay Rayna you can talk to me." I didn't say anything. I didn't know how to say anything. How can I when everyone is dead. I started to cry. Shawn sat up and pulled me into a hug. All I do is cry and I can't seem to stop. 

Today is the day that I go and see a psychologist. We have to drive so far out that I don't even know where we are going. I'm sitting in the car watching a bunch of trees pass me by. I keep having flashes of camp. I close my eyes tight trying to get rid of these images. 

"Hi Rayna, My name is Dr. Lambert." I didn't say anything. "I know what happened to you was very traumatic. Before we get into that do you want to discuss what it was like at camp before everything happened." I still didn't say anything I just kept looking at the floor. 

"I know that this may be hard to discuss but I'm only here to help. Do you think it would be better if we talked about something else." I didn't want to talk I just want to get out of here. This guy. He didn't seem friendly at all and he reminded me of the killer. He looked down at his desk and picked up a silver piece of something. I didn't get a good look at it but I saw it shine in the light. It freaked me out like it was a knife or something. I got up and ran out. 

I heard that Shawn is doing pretty good. I haven't seen him since he left the hospital. I don't really leave the room unless its to go see another psych. 

I have terrible nightmares like I'm still at camp. I wake up every night screaming and crying. My dad comes in the room to calm me down but I freak out even more at his touch. I know I make him sad. He comes into my room at night in the middle of my freak session. Since all I see is a shadow figure I get scared all over again. So, I try not to go to sleep anymore. I don't think that I can take seeing those same images reply continuity. 

I sit in the corner of my room looking at a picture of Danielle and I. Tears falling down my face. I'm so sick of crying but I don't know what else to do. It hurts so much. We went to her funeral the other day. I could tell that her parents hate me. 

I walked up to her casket to take one last look at her before the closed it. I placed her half of a best friend necklace in there. When I turned around her mother was looking at me with so much disgust. I understand. I hate myself. I hate myself for pushing her to go with me, I hate my self for not helping her, I hate myself for not going back. 

It should be me lying there in that casket and not her. My foot is the one that got stuck. I should've told her to go on without me. I should've never called her back. And now she is dead because of me. She's dead and all I did was watch. 

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this is so short but um this was a chapter that was never written because I was going to like cut the story but I didn't so here you go...Sorry, I'm posting so late I just wasn't at home...The story is still being posted every Saturday at midnight...

For some reason it was showing up as not published and with the wrong title...sorry about that..