Chapter 3: The First Night

It was kind of hard sleeping the first night. I still couldn't shake the feeling there was a killer around here somewhere. I felt like someone was watching me. I woke up and there Melissa was sitting there glaring at me. When I looked up she turned her head and acted like she wasn't looking at me. I don't know what that girl problem is. I got up and shook Danielle. "Can people get their beauty sleep here." "Like that would help you." Melissa said across the room. "And you need it more than anyone in here." Danielle snapped back. Melissa rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom. "I can't stand her. I got an idea." Danielle said still looking at the bathroom. "What is it." "Shh just come on." We got up and walked into the bathroom. We heard the shower running that only meant one thing Melissa was in the shower. Danielle turned to me and said "Okay you take those two toilets and I'll take these two." "Got it." I walked into the first stall and flushed the toilet and I could hear that Danielle did the same thing. "Ahhhh." We heard Melissa scream as me and Danielle ran out the bathroom laughing so hard. Here in these bathrooms when you flush the toilet the water gets hot but little did we know when you flush the toilets at the same time all of the water backs up and goes into the shower. Double laugher for us. Melissa comes out with blue stuff all over her making Danielle and I laugh even harder. "Have a nice shower." "You two messed with the wrong one." Danielle got up and stood in Melissa face." "No you messed with the wrong one oh and you might want to take a shower before you kill a skunk wouldn't want to harm your cousin now would you." Danielle is too crazy she's always pulling stuff like this on people who say or do something to her. Like yesterday when we heard Kirk trying to scare some other kids.

"Hey you what do you think you're doing?" "Just enlighten the campers on their stay here for the next few weeks whats it to you?" "Oh so you want to get smart." "I don't need to get smart but I must seem like a genius to an idiot like you." Kirk turned back around to the crowd. So she ties his shoes together and pulled down his pants. Everyone pointed and laughed at him but when he tried to turn and walk away he fell flat on his face. "That will teach you." We walked to our cabin. "Danielle you are crazy." "Hey somebody has to teach that little boy a lesson. He's always picking on someone." "Yeah like on the bus he was telling us this story about this guy who kills and eats the kids at the camp." "What?" "Yeah that's what he said and all the other kids agreed with him but Shawn said he was just trying to scare us." "Yeah maybe because were the new kids." "Right" Right are still my exact thoughts.

Maybe all of this stuff is just some crazy made up story by Melissa trying to get attention off of her brothers disappearance. I did notice yesterday at dinner that she was getting treated better than everyone else. "Are you guys ready?" Susie H said walking into the cabin. Now where did she go early this morning? I didn't even notice she was missing. There's something strange about that girl, she's a little off at times. And she's always a little too happy then most even to be at a camp where there are "killers" on the loose. When I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if she was the killer. But then again her face was drain of color when she was telling us the story. "Yes we are ready what are we doing today?" I asked. Yes we are ready all of that thinking I was getting ready. I just don't wake up and go. Just so you don't get the wrong idea. "We are going canoeing today. You guys are pretty lucky this year is the first time that we have canoeing on the first day." "I didn't get dressed for canoeing." "You will be fine in that but first up is he little stuff like basketball, arts and craft, dance class, archery, then canoeing." "All of that." "Yes just the intro for some classes. Its like that all week so for the rest of the summer we can go to whatever, go to whatever site as we please some classes on certain days though. Now lets hurry we have to go, go, go, go. "Ok ok don't get your panties in a bunch Susie its not like you are the camp counselor or something," Melissa said. That was the first time I heard Melissa sound kind of nice.

We went down to the McKinley hall to have breakfast first. We got out breakfast and went over to sit next to Shawn and the rest of the guys in his cabin. Melissa went to go sit with the privilege kids at the camp her being the most privileged of them all. "Are you guys ready for the into classes today." Danielle. "Yeah looking forward to being bored to death," said Kirk. "What do you guys have first," Shawn asked me. "We have basketball first. "Oh." "Why what do you have first." "All of the boys cabins go backwards from the girls so we have archery, dance class, arts and craft, basketball then canoeing." "We have canoeing last too." "Yeah but we might not be in the same group. They do this every year even though they split us up we still have groups that are synched together at the same time. So what you girls are in cabin 5 so your group will be group 1-4 of all girls. We are in cabin 10 so we will be in group 10-15 but they switch up the boys and girls so that doesn't mean at the end we will meet the girls cabin 10-12," Kirk said filling us in. I hope we meet up today the point of Shawn coming to camp was for me. "Don't worry even if we don't see each other after this week is over we can go to any site we want."

The intro classes are kind of boring just like Kirk said they would be so I don't want to bore you guys to death with that. We had to go in groups by the number on our cabins like 1-4. And since the boys cabins are in-between the consolers we wouldn't be meeting up until the end. All it was blah blah the rules. Like do we really need rules in arts and crafts? Rule number one paint on the paper and not the table what are we in pre-school? We did have some rules for the harder things in there like what to do with pottery and stuff. This instructor was pretty cool he let us do a little some on the first day even though we weren't supposed to. He said rules are for people who have no guidance's that is not already built in. I don't know what that means I think he's some type of hippie guy but if he's not going to bore us wit a bunch of rules I'm cool with that.

Finally we made it to canoeing where we would meet up with some of the guys at camp. I hope we meet up with Shawn. Just as I thought that. "Having fun." "Tons I really enjoyed the into to basketball I never knew what a basketball was until hat class." Shawn laughed and we got yells at by the instructor. He snapped his neck at us fast and said. "Now pay attention we don't need none of you coming up to me asking a bunch of question that I already answered. I hate answering question I already answered." "Well if you taught this last year isn't that the same thing." I said all innocent. I was being smart on purpose because he called us out for no reason her didn't even start yet. He walked over to us and stood in front of me. He looked me up and down then smirked at me. "Well you're right so how about you tell us the safety of canoeing." I was trying to think of something really cleaver to come back at him but right when I did he said, "I didn't think so. Your on my list."

He walked back over to where he was standing and started to explain. "I'm on his list well there's something he just doesn't know he just made the himself the first person of my list who the killer might be at this camp. Well I think there are three people that could be the killer consoler Cutlip, Melissa and then there's Susie H. I really have to get these thoughts out my head and start trying to have some fun but its kind of hard. It may or may not be true. I felt someone staring at me so I look up and Melissa was staring at me through the crowed of people. She turned her head a little like she was looking at me. Its funny I still feel someone staring at me. I look all around but no one.