Chapter 11: Horror Surprise

The red and blue lights can be seen flashing between the tree branches. They shined even brighter now that it was getting dark outside. I sat on the hood of the car with a blanket wrapped around me while I stare off in the distance. I can't believe the horror surprise that laid out in front of me. I never thought I would be in a situation like this again yet here I am. Shawn was over speaking to the police. I could only image what this lady went threw. And its too familiar imagery I didn't want playing in my head. I looked over to where her body laid. They were still taking pictures of her. I felt disgusted. It was like they were disrespecting her but it had to be done.

I felt a presence someone walk over to me and stand behind me. "Such a lonely heart lyin in wait." I whispered. "Hello, La'Rayna I'm detective Dan." I didn't look his way. He cleared his throat and continued. "May I ask you a few questions? We already spoken to your friend Shawn. He told us that you discovered the body. Is that correct?" I shook my head indicating yes. "Can you tell us exactly what you saw when you first seen the body?" I shrugged my shoulders not certain on what to say. I mean I couldn't really say anything. Seeing her body laying on the ground brought back unwanted memories that I was trying to erase. Plus I don't like speaking to people I don't know.

"Um Sir." I heard Shawn say. "She doesn't speak." "Well she's going to have to we have questions that need to be answered." "I don't think you understand." "No I don't think you understand she needs to answer these questions or else we can take her down to the station and she can sit in a cell until she decides to talk." Shawn was about to speak again until I cut him off. "I found her laying on the ground face down. No I don't know her. That should answer your questions." I hopped down off the hood of car and walked off. I could still hear Shawn finish speaking with the officer. Soon enough he caught up with me. "La'Rayna are you okay?." "Yes, I'm fine I'm ready to go." "That guy was a jerk. I had to tell him a few things." "Its okay I don't want to talk about him anymore. I just want to go home I'm tried."

The car ride back home was silent. Not a peaceful silence more of an errie silence. I'm sick of feeling like this. Today was a nice day. I haven't had fun like that in forever. I thought things could maybe just somehow go back to normal. But death just seems to follow me everywhere I go now. "What are you thinking about?" Shawn asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "About today." "I'm sorry." "Shawn it's not your fault." "I know. It's just I know we can never seem to get a break. And someone has to apologize. Even if you get it from the one who didn't cause the pain." I looked at him while his eyes stayed on the road; causing me to only see the side of his face. I admire this man so much. To go through what we went through at such a young age and still be so positive about everything. "Have I ever told you that I love you?" He chuckled. "I know, I know." "Umph cocky." I said under my breath.

We finally made it home. I was ready to lay down and relax. I wanted to forget about the things that occur today. I wanted to go back to the time that we were happy. Sometimes the best way to move past your past is to live in your present and live towards your future. I know what I have to do in order for me to move on.

I got out of bed and walked down the hall to Shawns room. I knocked on the door. He told me to come in. I opened the door a little bit to peak my head in. "Sorry did I wake you?" "If you don't get in here and quit acting like that." He told me. I stepped in and slowly closed the door a day stood by it. "Come over here." He waved me over. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. "Why you acting like this? Come here." He grabbed me by my waist to pull me closer to him. I giggled and removed his hand. "Because I want to talk about something important." He sat up and looked at me. "What's up is something wrong?" I took a deep breath. "No, it's nothing. I just want to help you with everything." I looked down "Help with what?" "The camp. I want help with the camp." "Are you serious?" I looked up at him and shook my head indicating yes. He looked over my face to see if I was being real with him. "Am I dreaming?" "Shawn I'm being serious." I whined. "I am too. A few weeks ago you weren't talking to me when you found out that the camp was reopening now you want to help." "Yes, this is my trying." I whispered looking back down. He grabbed my chin and lifted my head back up causing me to look into his eyes. "I like your trying." "Really." "Yeah I think its a great way to start your healing. Besides only God knows that I need some help. Stuff is stressful. Especially getting all the blueprints to come to life. I can't what until you see the camp." "Uh no." "No what?" "I'm not going back out there." "You just said." Cutting him off. "I know what I said. I can help from afar. First things first looking at the blueprints." "Well sooner or later you have to go see the camp." I leaned back into his bed getting comfortable. He snuggled up next to me and kissed my temple. "Little itty-bitty steps," I said. "Okay little itty-bitty steps it is then. Little itty-bitty steps," He said.

I'm glad with my choice. I know it's what Danielle would want for me. "Keeping her memory alive," Shawn said. "I wish you wouldn't do that." "Do what?" "Read my mind." "I can't help it if we are thinking the samething. "Whatever and go to sleep." "Go to sleep? I was until you barged your fat butt in here," He said smacking it. "Ow keep your hands to yourself Mr. And I'm not fat." "Naw but your butt is." He started rubbing it. "Ugh stop before I go back to my room." "I can't help it. It's so soft." "Goodbye." He laughed. "Okay I'll stop." He pulled me back down. "You can be so annoying." "I thought we were moving past that don't make me put you out." "Whatever," I said yawning. "Shawn." "Um." "Can we switch beds your bed is so comfy." "Go to sleep La'Rayna."