Chapter 2: Living in a dream

"Shawn how could you do this." "La'Rayna it will be good for the camp." "After all that happened there." "That was almost 15 years ago." "Whats that's supposed to mean." "We need to move on we can't be stuck in the past for the rest of our lives." "Stuck in the past are you serious?" "La'Rayna." "No Shawn I live it everyday I will never get over it. We were almost killed out there. I watched my best friend being murder and you are telling me that we need to move on and stop living in the past. I can't even sleep through the night because I keep living it over and over in my dreams." I couldn't even talk to him anymore. I had to get away from him. "La'Rayna wait." Shawn said grabbing my arm. "I'm sorry its...its just that my dad brought the camp and he wants me to run it. He thinks this would be good for everyone you know turn the camp into something positive again...to remember everyone." I looked up at him. "To remember everyone." He shook his head yes. "I want you to help me." I pulled out of his grip. "I can't." 'But." "But nothing I'm not going back there." With that being said I walked out. Him and his father must be crazy. I will never step foot on those campgrounds again. Sometimes I feel like I never left. As if I keep living it over.

"So Susie H. if I mean since her brother went missing why do they keep the camp open matter of fact why would her parents send her back here." "It was a few years ago Melissa was 8 when it happened and her brother was 12. The reason why is because he supposedly went missing at home and not at camp. They say some child molester took him but the police never found his body. Some say her brother is the one killing everybody that's why there's no body. Its also said that the camp paid her parents to keep quite so it can stay open and that's where the whole the killer is her brother thing started. Reason being she keeps coming to the camp and nothing happens to her. "Well has there been any killing since her brother." "Yes, only a few times after other times kids have only been injured and the camp blames it on people not being careful." "None of this is making any sense," said Danielle. "Yeah it never does.

So this is the McKinley hall this is where breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served." I had to get out of here. I tried listing to Shad and Danielle but all of this is too crazy. Maybe they're just trying to scare us because we are new. Yeah that has to be the reason, like some sort of new campers prank. "Susie H. is there a phone out here....you know so we cam call out parents in case of an emergency or if we miss them yeah stuff like that." I said trying not to sound too scared. "No can't get phone service out here. They only way to contact our parents is by letter once a week we are allowed to send letters. Don't worry La'Rayna there just stories." "But you said they were true." "Yeah but that sort of stuff hasn't happen in like forever or "every year." She said doing air quotes. "The only big killing happened almost five years ago you guys will be fine I mean I come here all the time." Yeah sure easy for her to say.

I felt some hands grab onto my leg. I tried to run but then I fell on the ground. As I sat up on the ground I heard some laughing. "La'Rayna are you okay," Danielle said while helping me up. While I was dusting the dirt off of me Shawn and three boys cam from around the corner laughing. "That wasn't funny. "You should've seen the look on your face when you hit the ground." I punched Shawn in the chest as hard as I could. "Ow man what was that for." "For grabbing." "I'm not the one that grabbed you but it was funny." I hit him again. "That's for laughing." "I'm sorry." I looked at who he was with two boys I didn't know and the boy that was on the bus. "Whatever." I turned to walk away with Susie and Danielle. "La'Rayna I said I was sorry." "Why are you with him," I said pointing at the boy on the bus. Shawn turned around and looked. "Who Kirk?" "Oh I didn't know you two were so close." "He is in the same bunk as me. You know he's pretty cool once you get to know him. Let me introduce you them.

We walked over to where they were standing. I was still mad and on top of that my best friend is hanging out with someone that I can't stand. "This is Josh and Kyle and well you already know Kirk." I didn't say anything so Danielle spoke. "Hi my name is Danielle and this is La'Rayna. Um oh and Susie H." "Yes, we know Susie H everyone knows Susie H. They all said at once. "Ha ha very funny guys." "Its not our fault you have to make yourself known to everyone at the camp," said Josh "I do not." "Come on guys we have to meet in the Bailey Hall," Kirk said. "For what," I said with sort of an attitude I was still mad at them. "A meeting with all the campers and camp counselors. Be prepared to be bored its nothing but rules, rules, and more rules." We were in the Bailey Hall sitting there listening to all of the rules and how "fun" camp was going to be.

Boy these counselors were lame and corny. I was sitting next to Kirk the last person I wanted t sit next to but he wasn't that bad. He was pretty funny. He kept on mocking the camp counselors. After the rules and getting to know the other kids in the camp it was time for dinner. We headed back to the McKinley Hall.