Chapter 21 They never found his body

"What do you expect us to find out here?" "Yeah, I mean we have no clue what Jake was looking for." "I don't plan on looking for what Jake was looking for. We don't have enough information from him to go on." "Well, why are we going on this hike?" "To find Cash. He's got to be around here somewhere. I'm not buying that story the counselors are selling."

Shawn was right. I don't believe anything they are telling us either but what makes him think that finding him will lead to any answers. And besides, how will we find him. "Well, how do you plan on doing that?" "Thats why we are going on this hike." "IF they couldn't find him what makes you think that we will? Finding him what is that going to do?" "I don't know but I can't sit around and do nothing." 

We have been walking in the woods for over an hour now. And there was still no sign of Cash. I'm not even sure if he is actually in these woods. But whos blood could that have been on the back of Jakes journal? I sometimes think that maybe we should've handed that to the police or something. They could've at least took DNA from it or something. What are we getting ourselves into? 

Danielle and Kirk were up some ways covering different angles that Shawn and I weren't. Kirk thought that it would be a brilliant idea to split up that way we could cover more ground but Shawn wasn't so trusting in that. What if one of us ends up missing as well. He thought it would be easier for us to just cover different areas of the woods while trailing each other. That way none of us would get lost and in case something happened we would all be together. 

"Shawn, do you really believe he's out here?" "Who knows. That why we are out here trying to find out." "So you think that he is out here somewhere. Like alive?" "I'm not sure." The look on his face told a different story than the one in his voice. Its like he really wanted to believe that Cash was still alive but he knew that he wasn't. 

Over the past few months at camp, we grew to know more and more of the other campers. Cash is one of them. He was a really cool dude that liked to joke around all the time. He always put a smile on my face. It was like he didn't want to see anybody sad. His sister was the cutest and sweetest little girls ever. And you could tell that he was very protective of her. 

Shawn grew close to him as well. I guess that's why he wants to find him so bad. The thing is I'm not so sure that finding him will lead us to any answers. 

"It's getting dark can we do this tomorrow?" "La'Rayna don't be such a scary cat." "I don't get why we have to do this at night. If Cash went missing what do you think can happen to us at night." "I won't let anything happen to you alright but we have to do this. Its either now or never." "Yeah, we may never get another chance. Right now everyone is at the campfire." "Yep and since its so many of us they aren't thinking about three people missing at the campfire right now." "So, are you with us or not." "Fine. Where do we start?"

It either now or never. I'm so sick of hearing that. I just want to go home and get off this camp not look for more trouble. I just have a really bad feeling about everything. Like something bad is going to happen. You know in those horror movies when a group of kids goes looking for answers but all they find are cryptic information and then end up dead. Yep just like that. I don't want that happening. I know its just a movie but still, you never know. 

"There just has to be something that we are missing." "What could we possibly be missing? We don't know what's going on." "Yeah we looked in cabin six, we read Jake journal, and we never got into the counselors cabin." "I don't know I just have a feeling like we are missing something."

"Well, you read Jakes journal so you know more about him." "What that doesn't make sense. I already told you his journal didn't really say anything." "Well, what about the letters." "The same as the journal." "Wait." "What is it?" "You guys found those letters under the floorboards of cabin six right?" "Yeah so." "Well, back then the cabins were numbered different from the boys to the girls. And cabin six was an active cabin back then." "Okay, I don't see where you are going with this." "Cabin six had to be the cabin that Jake stayed at years ago. Just think about it."