Chapter 22 Camp Horror

We were all sitting around the nightly lit campfire that we have each night before we head to our cabins for the rest of the night. I don't know what made them want to lift the lock-in. I certainly didn't feel safe being out here. I really just wanted to go home at this point.

"Guys, do you really think its safe to be out here? I mean this camp is crazy." "Yeah I agree with Danielle," I said. "Why would the camp let us came back out here if it wasn't." "Because we just found a body in the woods you big dumb jerk." I semi-yelled at Kirk. "La'Ranya calm down," Shawn said looking around. "Nobody knows that but us. They lied to the campers and the police. At least we know this much about whats really going on here." "Yeah but we already knew the consuolers were lairs." "Yeah but now we know that Cash wasn't sent home.

This much is true. That was the scary part. They lied and told us that they sent Cash home because of bad behavior but this whole time he was out there in the woods dead. If I wanted to go home before I really wanted to get out of here now. 

After seeing Cash body laying there on the ground I became numb. I was too scared to move. I guess that was where the blood came from that was on the back of Jakes journal. Question is how did is blood get on Jake Journal. 

"Yeah so again is it safe for us to be out here right now," Danielle said. "If the police didn't see anything wrong I guess it is." "Yeah, maybe it was just an accident. Maybe we are overreacting to this whole thing" said Kirk. "I agree. Maybe we are trying to find something that's not there. We never found any real evidence. We should just let it go." "I guess. Maybe thats why they haven't said anything because they don't want to scare anybody." 

"That's all I really want. That and to get out of this camp." I whispered to myself." "Rayna are you sure?" "Yes, I sick of this. We haven't gotten anywhere and I'm tired of being scared. You guys are right maybe we just made it all up. Maybe we wanted to believe that something was going on." "But we did prove that." "Yeah, I guess but I just. I don't know. All I know is that Cash is dead and we found nothing." 

Shawn looked at me with so much sorrow. Like he was hurt because I was hurting, I didn't want to feel this way anymore. We should just drop this whole thing. There are only a few more weeks left of camp. Maybe if we can just forget about it and stop looking for answers everything will go back to normal and we can go home in peace. 

"So we all agree. To give up and move on." "Yeah, we only have a few more weeks of camp left. No point in running around paranoid." "Okay then. Nothing happened and the body we found wasn't Cash. It was just an accident gone wrong." "Yeah and accdednt gone wrong." We agreed. 

That was the best thing that we thought at the time. We weren't sure what was going on and we didn't have any answers. We are only kids. There's nothing more that we can do. The only things we were going based on were our gut feelings and Jakes journal. We didn't bother to look at those letters when we reach camp. We ran straight towards the camp office to explain what we saw. Whatever answer we were looking for will just get buried with those letters. 

"I think that I'm just going to head back to the cabin." "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I don't feel like being out here right now." "Want me to walk with you." "No, I'll be fine." "Are you sure." "Yes, Shawn I'll be fine." "Wait up La'Rayna I'll go with you. I don't feel like being out here anymore either." "I guess I'll head on back as well. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Shawn hugged us both and headed in the opposite direction to the boy's cabins with Kirk. 

We were back in our cabins. The campfire was still going on. It tends to last longer on Friday nights. After being on lockdown they decided to extend it even longer. But we decided to call it a night. I was just exhausted after everything that has been going on lately. Even though we agreed to forget about it I just couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. It was just too soon.