Chapter Bonus: The Journal

I just sat on Shawn's bed looking at the brown book with gold designs on the outside. I was kind of scared to read what Jake had written. What if this journal was a list of who he was going to kill or description of who he has killed. I will never find out if I don't open the book and read it.

Dear, journal

Today is the first day of camp. Truth be told I kind of wish I wasn't here right now. My parents are only making me go because my little sister Melissa really wanted to come. They didn't want her to go alone because she is so young. I don't mine though. Anything for my little sister. I would do anything to make her happy. I can't wait to go home, though. I have a feeling that I will not like it here. 

The kids on the bus were pretty annoying. This boy name Tommy was trying to bully a bunch of kids. He actually tried to get the kids to believe that the woods that surround the camp were haunted by a ghost. Who would believe something like that? I just know he better stay away from me and my little sister or we gonna have some problems. 

Dear, journal,

It's the second day of camp. My bunks mates are pretty cool. I don't really speak that much to them, though. They have all been coming here since they were my sister's age. Everyone here seems to be best friends. I kind of just hang by myself. Even my little sister has started to make friends. But it's easier at her age, though. Well, it's only day two I have plenty of time to make friends here right?

Dear, journal,

The camp counselor is kind of annoying. We have to sit through these long lectures for a whole week. Who has ever heard of a lecture at camp? We came here to have fun not sit around here to be talked to death. 

Some of the staff here are real whack jobs. They give these jobs to anybody now. This one guy name Ted Cutlip or whatever. Hes not much older than me but he is a super goober. I don't know what mental institution they got him out of. I can see him working here for the rest of his life. 

Interesting that they still do that boring going over the rules stuff. And Cutlip has been working here since he was a teen. Now, that's just sad. I flipped over some pages to get to the good stuff.

Dear journal,

Camp hasn't been much fun for me. I don't have too many friends here. The only friend that I made went missing a few days ago. Nobody seems to care. Everyone just acts like I'm making it up. They claim nobody with that name was ever at camp. Everybody just makes fun of me and calls me crazy. Saying that I made an imaginary friend. I know I'm not crazy. He was here at this camp. I wasn't the only person that talked or saw him. I just knew something wasn't right about this camp. I don't know what's going on but I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

Reading this I realized Jake was me. I think that's why I had that dream about him. I wonder he ended up finding out about this crazy camp. I can't believe someone went missing all those years as well. 

Dear journal,

I wrote my parents a letter telling them to come get me from the crazy camp a week ago. I haven't heard anything back from them. I went to Miss Michelle one of the camp counselors here to ask if I could make a call home. She laughed at me and told me that there are no phones here. She made up so the story about how phones wouldn't work out here because we are so far out in the woods. I asked her how come I haven't heard from my parents. She said it because you have to write to them. After I told her I did she got mad. She frowned at me then smiled and said maybe you try to write them again. 

I really don't know whats going on at this camp. Its really starting to scare me. Its like every time I question some of the things that happen here people try to convince me that I'm crazy. I haven't said much to Melissa because shes only a little kid. I don't want to scare. I'm pretty sure she has written to mom and dad. I'll go ask her about it and see if shes heard from them. 

Dear journal,

I really miss home. I want to go home so bad that I could just cry. I hate it here. I don't like anybody here and nobody likes me. The only friend I had here went missing and nobody is doing anything about it. Also, I'm starting to think our letters aren't  being sent home. I mean why make us right letters home if you aren't even going to send them home in the frist place.

I am really thinking about running away. But I don't want to leave Melissa here by herself. Something isn't right with this place at all. It's not a camp. Maybe if I try and get some information I can prove everyone wrong. I just don't know what to look for. 

Dear journal,

Tonight is the night. I'm not the only one who has been feeling this way. We are going to go get some information. I hope our suspicions are right. I have to go now but when I come back everything will be uncovered. 

I turned the page and it was blank so I flipped over to another one. That was Jake last entry. I really wondered what he found and how he end up going missing as well. Who was this other person that felt the same way as he did? DId he go off and try to find his friend. DId a killer come and get him. 

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Updates will be every Saturday at midnight aka after...if I do not update the chapter will be posted next week...