Chapter 16: A New Beginning

Shawn grabbed my hand and led me into the camp. I just couldn't believe that I was coming back to my worst nightmare. I had to get over it some kind of way. I was glad that I came. As we were walking to where ever we were walking to I looked around. Shawn was right the layout was different. I could still tell where things used to be but for the most part, the camp looked different. "Shawn where are you taking me?" "To the lake."

The lake was just a beautiful as it was the last time that I was here. The only downside as usually was cabin six. Cabin six stood on the other side of the lake like always looking exactly the same 15 years ago. "Shawn I thought you said that they were fixing cabin six up." I turned to look at him but he seemed so caught up in the lake. "Uh," Shawn said. "Cabin six it looks exactly the same." "It's supposed to look the same. They were supposed to just fix it up a bit." "It doesn't look like they fixed anything." Looking over at the lake Shawn noticed what I noticed. The cabin looked like not one person even laid hands on it to fix anything. I can tell that he was angry by the look on his face. He grabbed my hand and we begin walking over there. Now, that is one thing that I do not want to do. Be by cabin six.

Standing in front of the place that caused so many horrible memories. The fact that the place still looked the same as it did 15 years ago today did help. Shawn held the blueprints in his hand while talking on the phone. "I know the cabin is still supposed to be here but it's not supposed to look the same. It's like you guys didn't touch it all." Shawn yelled through the phone. "I don't care what my father said we had an agreement." With that he hung up the phone. He started rubbing his hand across his forehead letting out a huge sign. I walked over to him and grabbed his hands to calm him down. "Look I'm sorry. My father told them not to touch anything. However, my father told me they were to fix it up but keep the old look of the cabin. I can't believe he did this." "It's not you fault. It's too late to do anything now the camp opens in a few days." I turned to face the cabin. "Now, You said your father wanted to turn this into a store. Let's see how it turned out." I headed towards the cabin until Shawn grabbed my hand. "Whoa are you sure you want to go in there?" "Yes, I'm up to it. It's a new beginning." With that he grabbed my hand and led me inside cabin six.

Despite the outside of the cabin the inside was completely different. While I was looking around a guy came in to speak with Shawn. Where the dresser once was sat a counter. There was more light coming in from the outside. Where the closet onces was was not a storage unit. There was camp paraphernalia everywhere. It looked really nice. It kind of made up for the outside. Behind the counter there were pictures all over the back wall. I walked over to get a better look. Glancing at all the picture brought a smile to my face. It was nice to see all the old pictures if us at camp. There were even older pictures from when the camp first started up until when it closed 15 years ago. My eyes landed on a picture that I've never seen before. It was Shawn, Danielle, and I wearing our camp shirts with our arms around each other. I rubbed my fingertips over it. "You like it?" I jumped not realizing that Shawn was right behind me. "Don't do that." "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." "So, how are you liking it." "Well, besides the outside I like it. It's completely different. I love this wall." "I knew you would. I found these pictures after they cleared everything from the camp. We were going through storages to see what to use and all of these old pictures were there. I have pictures placed all around the camp. Come on let me show you around."

Shawn led me all over the camp. The layout of the camp was still the same but all of the designs were different. I helped out with that part. Shawn father decided to keep some of the names the same but he changed each cabin number to reflect some of the victims that died that day.

We were now sitting in Shawn's office as he went over a few more details before the camp opens in a few days. I can see how much this camp as been stressing him out. Here I was moping around and being mad at him just for opening the place back up. I never thought about what he went through. I had seen my best friend murder right in front of my eyes. I don't know what Shawn went through or what he saw after he told me to run and hide. He never talks about it. He has alway been there for me and helping me out.

"Do you need any help?" He looked up at me and smiled. "Naw, I'm okay. You've done enough. You being here is enough." "Stop." "What I'm telling the truth. So, how do you like the camp." "I like it. I'm glad you guys took my advice about the designs." "You really have a knack for architect. You sure you don't want to work for my dad?" "As if." There was a knock at the door and Shawan security walked in. "Oh, um I'm sorry but Mr. Weiss There is a Mr. McCray outside waiting for you." Shawn and I both looked at each other. There is no way. We haven't heard from him in years. What was Kirk doing here?

A/N: This had a way better ending but my computer rebooted and I lost everything that wasn't saved. So this is what you got. Hoped you liked it anyways.