Chapter 6: The Hike

"Ahhh." "La'Rayna are you okay." "Yeah I'm fine." I said wiping the dirt off of my pants. "I just fell." We were going hiking. Well we weren't supposed to be going hiking but when you hag out with someone like Kirk you end up ding things that your not supposed to do. I only went to prove that I wasn't afraid of getting into trouble. "Your such a scary cat." "I am not." "Are too that's why you don't want to go with us." "Because we can get in trouble." "Aw trouble smouble who cares...besides would I get you into trouble?" "Gee let me guess I just meet you and you already got us into trouble yesterday." "Well this time its going to be different." "Yeah come on La'Rayna it would be fun." "If you say so." So that's how we all ended up here.

"Guys don't you think we should be heading back?" I asked. I really didn't want to keep going. I was afraid we would get lost and I can't see the camp site anymore. "Quit being such a baby we just started. "Well excuse me, I didn't know an hour of walking was just a few minutes. Maybe I should go back to school and learn how to tell time Miss. Cosmos Clock." I said point at my watch. I don't know who invited her anyways. "An hour we couldn't possibly been gone that." Danielle questioned. "Tepee left at two and it's going on three." I lied but how would they know they don't have a watch. "Let me see." I showed Danielle my watch. "Really it doesn't feel like we've been walking or that long." I moved the time up on my watch just so we wouldn't have to go that far. We really only been walking for about 30minutes. "Come on Ray Ray we haven't even made it passed cabin six yet. Once we reach there we are almost at our destination. Kirk chimed in. He knows I hate the name Ray Ray but yet he insist on calling me that. I just glared at him. "Where are we going anyways Kirk?" Shawn asked. "You'll see." "Are we just going to stand here and have a tea party or are we going to get moving." Melissa said with an attitude. I really dislike her.

We took off walking again. Everyone was joking around during the hike, well everyone except Melissa and I. She was just naturally evil and I didn't want to be here in the first place. I was lagging behind everyone else in case we had to run. Believe me I wanted to be the first one out there. I keep getting this strange feeling like we are being followed. Every time I turn around there's nothing there. Shawn must have sensed my uneasiness and stopped the game of kick the can; in our case kick the rock, and came back to chat. I guess anything to pass the time of this long hike. "Hey." "Hey" I said back. "Are you cool?" "Yeah." "Come up here and playa game with us." "No I'm fine." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "Try to be happy and have fun okay." "I am"

We finally made it to cabin six. "Hey Ray Ray want to go inside cabin six?" Kirk said trying to be funny. "Yeah Ray Ray want to go inside cabin six." "Yeah Ray Ray cabin six." Kirks lackeys Josh and Kyle said. "Like even" I spit back. "Why don't you go since the almighty Kirk that's not afraid of anything." "Because...uh...I've already been in there." "Yeah he's been in there," said Josh. "We all have." "Yeah right." "We have a few years ago didn't we Melissa." Kirk said putting an emphasis on Melissa's name. She just stood there and smirked."Good for you but we didn't come here for this." Danielle said annoyed. "Why are you afraid?" Kirk said. "No it's just some stupid cabin. "Well I dare ya then...I dare all ya to go inside for 30minutes." "Yeah 30minutes if ya can." "Ha if they can I bet they can't." "Danielle rolled her eyes. "Can you two flunkeys stop it." "What about the cave man?" Shawn suggested. Cave what cave. I guess Kirk told Shawn where we were going. "Don't worry man we'll get to that. Just go inside." "Fine come on guys but I'm not staying in there that long we have to get moving." Danielle hissed at them. Shawn and Danielle begin to walk towards cabin six. I just stood there frozen like a block of ice. Who knows what lies in there. "Baby Ray Ray do you need someone to hold your hand?" I got mad all over again he was being his obnoxious self. "Shut up Kirk I'm sick of you mouth. You act like your not afraid of anything but I bet you have never been inside yourself. When I come out and if you can't tell me one thing that's in there in detail you have to spend the night inside the cabin by yourself" I yelled at him. "Um." I turned my nose up at him and rushed passed Danielle and Shawn and stood on the porch to cabin six. I reached for the door knob.okay La'Rayna you can do it. I grabbed the rusty door knob and turned around. "You two coming or not?" Danielle and Shawn soon followed me unto the porch. I turned the knob and opened the door.