Chapter 13: The Haunting Truth

"Shawn I have something to tell you." "What is it?" "Well, uh it's about cabin six."

"What do you mean you have to tell me something about cabin six? I thought we were over this?" "I am. It's just that." "Just what, what could possibly be going on? I thought we agreed to enjoy camp and not worry about those stupid stories." "We did but I found something." "What could you have possibly found? Uh La'Rayna what?" "I found this I.D bracelet. It was hidden inside one of those drawers that time we went inside." "Why is this important?" "I don't know. I just feel like there is something more to that cabin then what has been lead on. Why keep the cabin up and abandon? Why not tear it down or fix it up? It not just a stupid story to scare new campers." "La'Rayna I don't want to hear about it anymore." "Why not?" "Because it's stupid." "No, you are just afraid. You are afraid that I might be right." "You know what fine. To prove to you how ridiculous this is. How about we go back to cabin six? We can go back tonight. After everyone has gone to sleep we will sneak back into cabin six and show you that nothing is going on here. Then maybe you finally be able to leave your delusions behind." "So now I'm delusional." "La'Rayna." "Save it," I yelled at him. "We will go and I will prove you wrong." I stormed off.

I can't believe he would call me delusional. I know that what I'm saying may sound a little out there but to call me delusional was another story. It really hurt my feelings that my best friend would call me delusional. We are supposed to be having fun at camp I get that but I will never get over this feeling that I have. There is something going on at this camp and I'm going to find out what it is that everyone seems to be hiding. 

We decided to meet up at night to sneak into cabin six. There was no way we could meet during the day if we didn't want to get caught. After, the campfire everyone will be getting ready for bed. Our camp counselor won't check the cabin until 10. So we should have plenty of time to sneak in and out. "Come on La'Rayna. If we plan on making it back in time then we have to leave now," Danielle whispered to me. "I'm coming." I reached down in my bag and grabbed the i.d bracelet. Once I slipped it into my pocket and headed out the door. It was easy for her to leave because Melissa was in the shower and Susie H was in the bathroom as well. We already acted as if we were so tired from earlier in the day. So, we took our showers early and faked went to bed. 

"I cannot believe that we are actually doing this. Especially you La'Rayna being that you are a scary cat." "I'm not a scary cat I just don't like being scared." "What do you think we are going to find?" "I don't know. I already told Shawn about this but I did find something." Danielle stopped and her eyes widened. "What do you mean you found something. Well, what is it?" "Well, you know the first time we went into cabin six right?" "Yeah." "I found this i.d bracelet in the dresser." I pulled the i.d bracelet  out of my pocket and handed it to her. "I also thought that I have seen something in the closet but you wanted to leave so bad I didn't have time to check it out." "Girl you were there it smelled so bad in there." 

We continued walking. We were meeting up with Shawn outside of cabin six. Once we reached the other side of the lake where cabin six lay we stopped. "Where is he?" "I don't know he said he would meet us right here." "Wait what is this?" "What?" "This spot on the i.d bracelet? There is a name on here but this spot is covering it up." "I don't know I tried to see what it was as well." "So, what do you think this will tell us?" "I'm not too sure. Whoever names is on that bracelet maybe could tell us who stayed in that cabin. It's just a feeling I have." "I get it. I've noticed too. Its like someone is out here watching us." 

"Boo!" "Ahhh!" Dani screamed. I just stood there because I knew it was Kirk with his dumb prank. I crossed my arms and put all of my weight on one foot. Shawn and Kirk started laughing. "Ugh, you guys get on my nerves," Danielle yelled at them. "What is he doing here anyways." "He wanted to tag along." "For what?"  "I want to go ghost hunting too. Why do you guys get to have all the fun?" "We are not going ghost hunting you idioit." Kirk and Danielle could go on and on. "Are we here to look for clues are are we here to play games?" "Ohh look who grew some balls." "Shut up Kirk." "Oh come on Ray Ray." I cut him off. "Stop calling me that." "Okay guys we didn't come here for that. Lets just go."

We all walked over to cabin six and up onto the porch. Before we went in Shawn stopped us. "Come on man what are we waiting for," Kirk complained. "Before we walk in I want to give you guys this. Here you go." "What is it?" "It's to clean that spot off the i.d bracelet." "Shawn I think its rust. It's not going to come off." "Yeah, and why did you bring a can of coke?" "That's why I brought this. Coke can clean almost anything." I opened up the can of pop. Shawn took the can and poured it on the napkin he has brung and wiped it on the bracelet. "I'll take that." "Kirk said taking the can of pop and drinking it. "Kirk," Danielle said with an annoyed tone. "What we don't need it anymore. Besides, I'm throisty." I shook my head and laughed at him. "Jake," Shawn said barely above a whisper. "What?" I semi-yelled while snatching the i.d bracelet out of his hand. I looked at the bracelet and in fact, it did say, Jake. Danielle looked between Shawn and I with an confused exrpession. "Whats going on who is Jake?" "I guess thats what we are going to find out," said Shawn. 

Part two coming soon...beware you're in for a scare...