The King's Obsession [Episode 1]

*September 27, 1882*

You let out a sigh when you looked at your card. You were going to lose the game.

Jihye: What happened YN? Don't have good cards to pass it down?

Your sharp eyes averted towards her, Staring into her eyes with your cold looks.

YN: I have bad luck queen, I am not as lucky as you.

The queen smirked while looking at her card.

Jihye: Yeah! You all spawns have bad luck. King Jae-Soo loves me more

Kyulkyung: Jihye, You won't be the most beautiful queen of this Palace from tomorrow.

*Jihye clutched her cards when King's second wife spoke*

Kyulkyung: King will Marry her tomorrow, She's young and the most beautiful lady of Daejeon. And our king was the one who asked Daejeon's King for YN.

*Kyulkyung looked at you and smiled*

Jihye: *Scoff* you're just jealous kyulkyung because king never loved you

-she said while dropping down

Kyulkyung: Ofcourse, Jihye. I never wanted a 42 year old man to love me. I have a self respect unlike you.

-You slightly smiled behind your cards when the eldest queen glared and the other queen

Jihye: *smirks* Self Respect? I married him first because his mother liked me. You married my king so that your kingdom would get allied with Gwangju. And what about you young princess

Your smile dropped and your expression went back to a cold one.

Jihye: didn't your father want to sign a treaty with Gwangju. Your kingdom is going under drought zone and your father wants Gwangju to re-olen the kap-ch'on river. So your peasants would get the water.

Jihye: so he sold his daughter for his kingdom. What a great father and king he is.

-Now it was your turn to clutch the cards.

YN: Gwangju blocked the wYrt of the river years ago. Both the kingdoms were once again friends but your husband didn't let the water of the river come in our kingdom. Being greedy he asked 20 kilograms of gold coins from our wealth, took one of our palaces. Daejeon doesn't trade slaves as my kingdom is not cruel. So he asked for me?

You leaned closer towards the table and whispered

Yn: My queen weren't you satisfying the old him that he asked a young princess for the marriage

Jihyes face reddened in anger. She banged her fist on the table making the cards fall on the floor when she heard kyulkyung chuckling.

Jihye: You little-

???: Your highness

You quickly turned around when you heard a familiar voice. You and kyulkyung got up when you saw the prince of Daejeon aka your brother standing at the door way looking down, his right arm against his chest.