Prologue

"We have to do the best we can while we still can

"We have to do the best we can while we still can."
- Emma

"We can't trust him

"We can't trust him."
- Gally

Soundtrack

Grace - Lewis Capaldi
"I found salvation in the form of your grace"

The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin
"The power of love, a force from above"

I'll Be Good - Jaymes Young
"But the blood on my hands scares me to death"
"I'll be good, and I'll love the world like I should"

Ghost of you - 5 Seconds of Summer
"So I drown it out, like I always do...dancing through our house with the ghost of you"

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood
"Sweet little baby in a world full of pain"
"I was naive and hopeful and lost"

You And Me - Lifehouse
"I can't keep my eyes off of you"

Armor - Landon Austin
"I lay down this armor for you"

Screeching.

Metal clanging against metal.

The young girl coughed violently as if water was filling her lungs. Luckily, there wasn't any. She gasped for clear air, taking a few deep breaths as she pushed onto her hands and knees.

The girl blinked, pushing the hair out of her eyes. She searched the area, realizing she was in some sort of metal box that was moving quickly upward. It was cold. A chill went down her spine. Thoughts entered her mind quickly. Where was she? Why couldn't she remember anything? What was happening?

Terror. That was what she felt inside. Her mind lacked something, memories. There were no memories, nothing. Who was she? Why was she here? How was she here? The thoughts terrified her.

There was a squeal beside her. She gasped, crawling backward. A pig threw itself against the cage it was trapped inside of. The lights outside flashed, making it hard to see anything for a long period of time.