episode 22 - healing

Aara's pov
I woke up with a headache. Ajju was sleeping in my right . Holding my left wrist with his left hand preventing it's movements ( aara's head is on Arjun's left hand ) . There is a cannula in my left dorsum . My vision is blurry my head is also hurting really bad . But again I inspect the environment to know where am I . I couldn't able to remember how I ended up here . I tried to move.
Arjun's pov
I woke up because of some moments from aara . I saw her staring at me innocently in half sleep  . I patted her cause I thought she might sleep again . But she is just staring me blankly . " baby go to sleep again. I'm here everything is fine . Sleep darling." I said patting her. She doesn't seem to sleep even after a few minutes of coaxing. So I asked " Aren't you sleepy princess" she immediately denied it . I got up from the bed and I offered her food and water but she kept denying. But I feed her some water and juice with her whinings . " Do you wanna go home " I asked after feeding her. She immediately agreed. I sat near her and took her hand to remove the drips I didn't remove the cannula ." why I have this" she asked. You was lil dehydrated princess " I continued my work. " Hmm ... But why are you not removing the cannula" she asked me again. " U need some fluids even after going home babe . " I said the truth. " I'm good I can eat and drink in my own remove it" she said looking at her wrist. That time I already finished my work" ok baby we'll go home and decide that . come now let's go. She is sitting in the same position . " Princess come let's go " I called her again. There was no response so then I made her got up took her by her shoulders and went to the car . I made her sit and buckled her seat belt. I started driving . She is too much upset. I noted she is speaking really less or just nodding and shaking her head .so I thought to cheer her a lil . She looked at me when I stopped the car. " Let's have some ice cream " I said excited. But there was no excitement or happiness in her face like previous times . After the ice cream we went home. I feed her her dinner. I was about to go out " ajju.. " " yes baby do you want anything" I asked immediately when she called me. She pointed the cannula. " Baby I said I'll remove it later . u need some energy . let it be princess . Wait I'll come back in a few minutes " I left the room. She was looking down for the whole time we were talking. I went down and prepared some milk for her. I added some tablets in the milk. She definitely needs rest mentally and this will help to surpass the abnormal and excessive activity of nerve cells in the brain . I mixed it but I can feel the smell of the milk is lil different I think It should have definitely affect the taste too . I'm not sure about giving the medicines directly to aara . I think it's better to give her without her knowledge . I don't want to add more stress to her . I mixed some flavourings so this will overshadow the taste of the medicines . I went to the room with the milk.
Aara's pov
I'm sitting in the bed I don't want to sleep. I tried to sleep but when I close my eyes that incident is repeating in my mind continuesly. Ajju came inside with a glass. Milk ? . " Baby drink this " he said giving me the glass. I didn't drink it. The milk was something odd . " I just added some chocolate essence to make u drink " he sensed my confusion . I took a sip but I didn't continue , after watching me for a whole ten minutes staring the glass,  Arjun took the glass from me and placed in the side table. He isn't a person who compromise in health this easily . How did he let me without drinking. My thoughts got cut when he placed me on his lap . He was sitting on the edge of the bed he locked my legs in his . I'm sitting in his right thigh. He hold my head near his chest with his right hand and hold the glass in left hand. He started feeding the milk. I started whining though I drank . " Good girl nothing bad baby drink " He was pecking me time to time in my head . I finished my glass. Arjun layed me on the bed and started creasing my hair. My eyes are feeling heavy but I am trying my best to make them open . " It's ok baby sleep . Take some rest . " Those are the last words I heard before darkness consuming me .
It has been almost a week after that incident happened . Actually it's our semester break so I don't have any lectures. I'm these days Arjun makes sure I eat all my meals . Most of the times he feed me . He didn't remove the cannula even after lot of tantrums it's still connected to iv drips. What I do in these days ? I just sleep most of the time in a day maybe 18 - 20 hours or maybe more . if anyone saw me opening my eyes they will feed me food or water and let me use the washroom then again they will make me sleep. They yeah Arjun Stella and sometimes aunty and uncle too come here .I am not able to remember when or how many times they came . Tbh even after that much of sleep when they make me sleep still I will feel sleepy maybe because of the medicines . Not the medicine I take. The ones arjun mix with milk and feed me . From the first day I know it's not an ordinary milk. When I drink that I feel sleepy and numb . Even now I am feeling tired because I think a lil . The medicines is mostly for not making me over think . " Oh my princess is awake . What is she thinking about " Arjun entered with the milk glass and gave me a smile. I just stared at him . It's really hard to process something . Sometime I got confused . Mostly I feel empty . I don't want that medicine anymore. He came near the bed and sit and take me in his embrace. As usual he tried to feed me the milk. I neglected it . He tried again actually it's not the first time neglect mostly every time I do so but he will somehow make me drink
Arjun's pov
When I entered the room I saw Aara awake and thinking about something. I went towards her and placed her in my lap and tried to feed the milk. She threw tantrums as every time. But I tried again." I don't want to sleep " A mummer came ." Ok u don't need to sleep how about going for a walk after finishing your milk . " I said again putting the milk near her mouth. This is not the first time she is saying that she doesn't want to sleep . It has been continuing for past three days . Almost every day I offer her a ride or walk after the milk but I know she will sleep after drinking . " This will make me sleep . I don't want that " she muttered. I was quite amused and shocked. Does she know iam mixing something in her milk . How did she found that . Then " Princess trust me I won't harm you . Baby just today I won't give u tomorrow. " Honestly iam planning to stopped this medicine from tonight . I already started to minimizing the dosage as u can't stop this kind of medicines immediately . She shook her head as yes . I feed her milk and layed her properly and covered her with a comforter. I kissed her forehead and mumbled a " I love you" before leaving.
Aara's pov
I really don't want to be numb and confused like this. So I neglected the medicine. But arjun said after today he won't give me the medicine just drink for once. I know I can't win over this so drank the milk. Actually there is no winning or loosing in this he is just treating and take caring of me for my own good and Arjun he will do things for only my good he won't hurt me . The last thing I heard is an I love you then sleep took over .