guilt & betrayal

We look at each other, not knowing what to do. I am momentarily frozen before I build up the courage to quietly get up and put my clothes back on. I wait for another five minutes and then get up to leave his room quietly. I slowly turn his door knob and make my way out. I close the door and as I turn around I jump. Hard.

"What. the. FUCK did you do in my brother's room?"

That's not her annoyed voice. That is worse.
I want to open my mouth but get interrupted as the door opens behind me. "Don't scream at her," Eros says in a dangerously calm tone. "It's fine. I can handle it. Just- Just go back inside-" "Oh no I think you should stay and try to convince me that this is not what the fuck I think it is," Amy cusses, shaking of rage but the look of betrayal in her eyes is what horrifies me the most.

Neither of us say anything because we all know that this is exactly what she thinks it is. "That's what I thought," she mutters, crossing her arms in front of her chest.
"Listen. I know that what I'm about to say is the opposite of what you want to hear but I really-" before I can finish my sentence I feel a hard momentum against my left cheek, followed by an intense tingle. My head whips to the side before my hand immediately finds my face and I look at her with a dropped jaw. She just slapped me.

I look at her in shock and she also seems very shocked. My best friend just slapped me across the face. She's never slapped anyone in her entire life. I don't know what to do or what to say. Because it was more or less justified. I slapped her across the face with my actions, she used her hand.
"Did you just slap me? What the fuck, Amy!"

"What's wrong, kids?" I hear Mr. Williams ask from downstairs. Before I can say something, Amy takes her chance. "Mabel has decided to be a whore and fuck Eros."

What a bitch.

"You didn't even let me-" Another slap. This time it was even harder. But she doesn't just leave me after that. She forms a fist with her hand and punches me right onto my cheek bone. I stumble to the side and Amy pushes me to the ground. She then proceeds to grab my hair and hits my head against the wooden railing of the hallway that leads to the stairs.

I can hear Eros, Amy and their parents shout but a loud beep in my head covers their voices so I can't hear what exactly they're saying. Someone pulls the maniac off me and I see Eros' face towering above me, talking to me with his eyes wide open in shock. I think he's talking to me, though I'm not really sure. I can't bother to think about that when no air reaches my lungs, despite my heavy panting.

Black spots dot my vision before everything goes black.

My eyes shift open slowly and I need to blink a few times as they adjust to the light. I inhale I sit up, trying to make out where I am. I know this room.
My eyes pull open when I realize whose room it is. And on cue, I hear a familiar voice. "Thank god, you're awake." Eros has a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?"

I look at him, needing to wrap my head around the fact that Amy nearly killed me. "What happened? Where's Amy?" I ask. "Amy saw you sneaking out of my room yesterday and totally lost it. You've been out since then. Her and our parents went for a walk like twenty minutes ago. Do you have a headache?"

I touch my temple because I can feel a bad sting at it. A bandaid. I quickly get up and look into the mirror that's hanging on the wall next to the bed. "What the-" I want to remove the bandaid to have a closer look at the wound but then I notice something even more confusing. I'm only wearing a thong and a way too big T-shirt. It's not the one that I threw on yesterday.

"Wait a minute. Who changed my clothing?" I ask, worried it was one of his parents. "I did. No worries," he assures me. My muscles relax slightly, though I'm still awkward because I look horrendous. He stands up and positions himself behind me so I turn around to face him. He grabs my shoulders. "Promise me to be more careful around Amy. She's never been this aggressive before and I'm really scared she's going to hurt you again."