new

It's been six days since Aryan practically broke up with me. Six days of depression, overthinking, crying and sleepless nights.

I'm watching a movie as the doorbell rings. I flinch because I was kind of dozing off and didn't expect anyone coming over. I haven't showered or properly eaten in three days and to be honest I don't want anyone to see me like this.

I sneak downstairs and look through the door viewer. I don't see anyone so I slowly open the door to reveal a basket full of random things with a bunch of flowers next to it. I look at it surprised before browsing the street for it's deliverer but I don't see anyone.

I bring it inside and sit down in the living room. As I inspect the basket I see a variety of different flavored chocolate bars and m&m's, a pack of strawberries, apples, bananas and even my favorite sour patches. But most importantly: a cute teddy bear holding a little box and a card.

I take the card first and read it.

My dear Mabel,
I know things have been rough these past days. I apologize deeply for how I reacted. Although, this is not the perfect timing for a child. I would like to meet you at the office tomorrow at 8 a.m.
Wear something sporty.
Aryan

I look at the card with furrowed eyebrows. Is this his way of apologizing? My gaze shifts to the little box the bear is holding in his lap. I take and open it to reveal a beautiful necklace. It has a little heart-shaped pendant and in front of it hangs a second little pendant. It's the letter 'A' in little diamonds. I put it on and blush at the little pendants hanging down from my neck. It's really beautiful.

This basket has brought the first smile on my face in six days. I take out my phone and dial his number but then I hesitate. I think I shouldn't call him.

Aryan's pov
I wait in my car for her to open the door. I just have to see her. A good minute passes and nothing happens until the door finally opens.

She peaks out from behind it and comes out when she notices that she's alone. She looks terrible. I have never, in all of the years I have known her, seen her this unhappy and depressed.

A knot builds in my stomach and I feel like throwing up. I caused this.

Mabel's pov
My alarm goes off, announcing the beginning of the day. For the first time in days I'm excited to get up. I will see him again in not more than an hour.

I quickly take a shower and put on some baby blue gymshark leggings and a black sports bra - I love gymshark in case you couldn't already tell. My hair is in a messy bun and I leave to go to the office.

As I walk into the training hall I spot a few people training in different cubicles. "Hey stranger" I hear a happy René behind me. "René" I smile at him. "How have you been?" he asks after we hugged each other. "I don't know I guess I'm just glad Aryan invited me over" I reply, unsure of how I feel.

He looks down at my neck and smiles. "You're wearing the necklace." "Oh, yes" I say looking down to the necklace as well with a smile on my face. "I bet he will be happy about that-" "René, I need you over here" I hear a boy shout. He's probably at the age of nineteen. "I'll talk to you later" René says before he jogs over to the guy.

I look around the hall to find Aryan and spot him in the combat ring fighting another girl. I approach but stay a few feet away so he doesn't get distracted.

Aryan has the girl in headlock when she suddenly brings his whole body over her back and he slams onto the ground. She gets on top of him and chokes him before I hear a whistle.

They get up and both smile proudly before he lifts her off the floor to hug her, with her legs around his body. My heart drops and a knot builds in my throat making me gulp. What the fuck was that? "You did it" he proudly says after letting her down again. She smiles proudly and gets off the ring.

That's when Aryan spots and approaches me. I'm suddenly not happy about seeing him anymore. I just want to go.

"Hey" he says as he jogs towards me and I try so hard not to burst out in both tears and anger. "I see you've gotten my message." Little droplets of sweat are running down his temples and neck, his hair is stringy and his breathing heavy.

"Why did I have to come here?" I ignore what he said. "Even if we're not seen together at the moment you're still a target - especially when we're not seen together" he explains in such a confident tone it seems like it's the most normal thing that we broke up. Does he even care about it?

"And now that you're carrying our baby I want you to learn how to fight without getting kicked in your belly for example." So he cares about our baby and me. But why does he already have someone else?

"I will practice with you every day after school starting tomorrow" he demands while walking to an area with multiple mats lying on the floor.

"Okay so what you have to avoid at all cost is letting someone strike into your stomach" "Obviously" I conclude annoyed. He throws me a confused look before shrugging it off and continues.

After a whole day of practicing we're finally done. "That's it for today, it's already eight p.m."
Sweat is running down my body as I stand in front of him, exhausted with my hands on my hips to support me. I have barely moved in a week so this is like three times as exhausting as it would normally be for me.

"Should I drive you home?" he asks. My gaze snaps up to him with a confused look on my face. "No thanks" I politely decline since I'm still angry with him for breaking up with me and flirting with this girl earlier.

"Hi, are you done?" I look to my left and see the girl approach us. "I'm Vanessa" she introduces herself.

Vanessa has brown, long hair just like me and brown eyes. She's a little taller than me and has a beautiful face, I gotta admit.

I nod at her with a smile and act like I'm too exhausted to talk. "I just wanted to say goodbye because I'll leave now" she turns around but then quickly looks back at Aryan "Oh and here" she hands him a black hoodie and I immediately recognize it as one of his.

"Nice necklace" she smiles at me before going. I frown at her and then at Aryan who looks at me like I just caught him cheating.

I shake my head and walk out of the office to my car after taking my bag and jacket from the changing room. It's already dark outside.

"Mabel, wait" Aryan rushes after me as I'm about to get in my car. "It's not what it looks like I-" "Good night, Aryan" I say before I take a seat and slam the door.