reunion

A nurse pulls the breathing tube out of her throat and she inhales and exhales heavily.

"Are you okay?" "Check her vitals and pulse" "Call her parents" the doctors and nurses talk amongst each other when Mabel's still terrified looking eyes suddenly find mine.

"You came" she whispers with a rough voice causing everyone to look at me and the room goes silent. I just stand there in shock, not daring to move a single bit. The doctors step aside while still looking at me and Greg pushes me forward so that I go over to her.

"Aryan" her eyes gleam in happiness and a wide smile is plastered on her face.

Mabel's pov
"You woke up" he whispers relieved before going in for a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and his find their way around my waist. His one hand is holding the back of my head. In this moment I don't care about anything. I just want to hold and never let go of him.

I am soon to realize that sitting up and twisting my upper body was not a good idea. A sting forms in my belly area and I wince in pain causing Aryan to relieve me with a worried look on his face while I lay back down.

"Could you excuse us for a minute?" I ask the doctors after they rose the back of my bed a little.

"Aryan I'm so sorry that I was not able to save her" I cry desperately as everything rushes back into my mind. It overcomes me like a wave of sadness and regret and I have never felt this guilty before. If only I did not get into that car.

His expression vanishes into a shocked one as he grabs my hand. "No. It's not your fault. Whoever did this-" "Wait you don't know it yet?" I ask confused. I don't know why but I thought he would have figured it out by now.

"What?" he asks equally confused. "Aryan, Natasha did this. It was Natasha all the time. She said she would drive me to you after a house party. I went there because I thought you'd be there as well but you weren't so she drove me to your house but then-" I stop myself because he already knows that part of the story and I don't dare to say it out loud.

His face drops and he gets up in shock. He looks like time just froze for him. I feel sorry for him because I know they were good friends for a long time.

"Natasha told me not to go to the party. She said she saw police officers there and wanted to warn me" he says in disbelief, his face has turned all white. "I'm so sorry" I whisper but it does little to help him.

"Aryan, her parents" Greg suddenly says, almost whispers. He places a kiss on my forehead "I promise I will come back".

"You can stay" my father's voice suddenly fills the small the room and both Aryan and me look at him in shock.

"Mabel, honey, how are you" my mother asks relieved and worried at the same time as she rushes over to me. My dad stands in the doorframe and keeps eye contact with Aryan.

"Stay?" I repeat his words, ignoring my mother. "You would have never gotten yourself in this situation if we would have just let you stay with him" he explains further, not taking his eyes off Aryan. "It seems you two need each other more than we thought you do."

"Mr. Avila, can I talk to you?" Aryan suddenly speaks up and for some reason I can't shake off the feeling that he is planning something bad. They leave the room and I am left with my mother and Greg when René and Marco come in after a few minutes.

"René, Marco" I say happily as they walk over to me and give them a hug. "Hey little one, how are you?" René asks, gleaming with happiness. "Considering the circumstances I'm good" I joke and he smiles in response.

Aryan and my dad come back after a while, looking slightly worried but they refuse to tell me what they talked about.

Everyone left except for Aryan. He gets in bed with me, putting one arm around my body while playing with a strand of my hair with the other hand.