tired

"How dare you fucking talk to me like that in front of everyone" Aryan growls at me. "Come on, dude, I'll drive her home. Sell the rest and then go home as well. I'll tell Greg to pick you up in an hour" René puts his hand on Aryan's shoulder to try and calm him down. Aryan nods and gets inside again.

"Greg?" I ask. "Yes, one of our bodyguards" René explains. I wonder if it's the same Greg that helps me with my training.

"You can't talk to him like that in front of everyone" René says as he drives me home. "But he was going to kill him" I cuss. "No" he shakes his head, keeping his eyes on the street. "He wouldn't have killed him." "What even happened? Because Aryan was completely normal when I left and when I came back he was furious" I ask confused.

"Mabel he was defending you." I look at René with a thousand question marks on my face. "Nick said something about you, I don't know what exactly it was but Aryan didn't like it."

Oh.

As we arrive at the house I get ready for bed. I decide to sleep in a guest room because of how Aryan treated me. I know he was angry but he shouldn't have screamed at me like that. And he also shouldn't have grabbed me like that. God knows what he would've done if René didn't stop me.

I scroll through my phone when suddenly a message pops up. It's a friend request on Instagram from Cassy. I smile while accepting and sending one back. I put my phone on airplane mode and close my eyes.

I want to sleep but thoughts about Aryan and Nick literally rush trough my head. He wanted to protect me. I really want to know what Nick said. I just hope we can talk this out tomorrow after school. He probably won't go so I'll have to wait until evening I guess.

The front door opens - probably because Aryan arrived at home. I hear him go up the stairs. Two minutes later the door to my guest room slowly opens with a creek. "Mabel? Are you asleep?" I hear Aryan say as I close my eyes and pretend to be sleeping. I don't think we should talk right now. Tomorrow will be better when we both have come down again. He closes the door and eventually I fall asleep after a while.

The next day

I wake up - luckily not hungover but still tired as fuck. I've slept three hours in total last night. I hesitate before I decide to get up and get ready. I'm just wearing some basic blue skinny jeans and an oversized grey zipper jacket with white sneakers. I'm not really in the mood for anything fancy. I do my skincare hoping I'll look at least a bit presentable afterwards but I still look like I haven't slept at all. I put my hair in a high ponytail and leave the house.

At school

"Holaa" Amy says as she sits down next to me. "Hi" I say tired as I rest my head on my hand. "How are you-" Amy looks at me confused. "Oh my god when was the last time you slept? Are you sick?"

And that's on looking presentable.

"I haven't slept that much" I say unmotivated. "Did you and Aryan fight or something?" I sigh with a laugh. "Something like that, yeah." "Oh no I'm sorry girl" Amy says in a sad voice. She actually sounds sorry. "Yeah me too" I say as I let my forehead fall onto the table. "You see, I'm meeting Madelene today but we could have a spa day tomorrow if you want to. We haven't done that in a few weeks" Amy suggests to which I nod im response.

"Hello class, please open your books where we stopped yesterday" the teacher shouts as he comes in.