protected

"How are we going to solve our little Rapers problem?" I ask worried. It is just a matter of time until they attack us again.

"We will solve nothing. My workmen are going to destroy their base tomorrow. Every person that is related to the Rapers in any kind will be killed. Only that way I can protect you. Natasha is already in a cell, waiting for me to interview her tomorrow morning" he states and for some reason it gives me comfort and discomfort at once. I don't want more people to die but he's right - this is the only way to protect us and to get rid of them finally.

"Will you kill her? Natasha?" I ask only to be met with silence. "Will you?" I repeat myself. "I will get rid of her that is all you need and want to know" he states confidently.

I snuggle closer to him and his hand moves down to my cheek, stroking it with his thumb.

"We will never be apart again. We will stay together forever once this is over" I whisper in comfort, finally feeling at ease in a long time. He takes a few seconds to answer. "Forever" he quietly repeats. He sounds worried but I am too weak to ask as my eyelids get heavier. And then I fall asleep in his embrace, feeling the most comfortable and protected I have ever felt before.