insidious

I wake up to the sound of my alarm.

9 a.m.

fuck. That's way too late why did I set my alarm that late?

As I sit up another alarm goes off. "Nice try😉" appears on my display. Aryan must've seen that I set my alarm for school and set a later one. He doesn't want me to go to school today. I don't think I have to explain why.

I shrug my shoulders and get out of bed. I put on some dark green leggings and a black oversized hoodie with my white sneakers. I straighten my hair and put it up into a high ponytail where a few strands of my curtain bangs hang out since I cut them yesterday.

As I turn the door knob of the front door I hear a voice behind me. "Ah ah ah, you're not going today." I turn around to see Marco standing in front of me. "Aryan called and said I could go." "Yeah he told me you'd say that. Give me your bag." he holds out his hand to me as I hand him my bag with a sigh and an eye roller.

Marco's pov
I finally got her to sit down on the couch with me to give up. "Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick" she says as she stands up to earn a nod from me in response.

I suddenly hear the bathroom window open and rush to the door. On my way I see that her shoes and bag are gone so I quickly open the front door to see her running down the driveway. I start running and it doesn't take me long to catch up with her since I make way bigger steps than her plus I was trained by the most successful gang in America.

"What the fuck Mabel? Do you know in how much trouble I'd get if you made it to school?" I snap at her angrily. "Come on, get in the car." I say as I open the passenger door for her to get in. "Where are we going?"

Mabel's pov
"To Starbucks" Marco says as he rolls his eyes. He has a certain sarcasm in his voice so I'm not sure if we're really heading to Starbucks or if he just said that to get me in the car.

After a while we arrive at the Cuts' head office where I got beaten up two days ago. I'm not scared to go in considering I'm the Boss' girlfriend.

We walk through the endless corridors and finally stop at a door at the end of one. Marco opens the door for me revealing a nice office - probably Aryan's. "Wait here and don't do anything stupid" Marco gives me a warning look with his eyebrows and one finger raised and shuts the door behind him.

After a while Aryan comes in. "What were you thinking? I told you not to go to school and you tried anyways. Not only have you lied to Marco to climb out the bathroom window" the way he accentuates bathroom window makes me realize how stupid that was. "You also put yourself in danger. I have no other option than making you wait in my office and have someone keep an eye on you" he roars furious, then he gets out and slams the heavy wooden door behind him making me flinch.

Aryan's pov
I hate screaming at Mabel, especially when she gives me those puppy eyes but I'm already having a bad day and this just pushed me over the edge. I go back into the cell I came from to continue interviewing the man in front of me. His face is all bloody, I bet not even his wife would recognize him anymore.

"Fine so have you thought about my offer? A quick death for answers?" I sigh as I look into his bloody face, exhausted from all the pain he already went through. He spits out a shit ton of blood. "I won't tell you anything." A heavy sigh escapes my mouth. I take a swing and punch him onto the eye, making it bleed as he screams in pain. Everyone in our gang owns at least one silver ring with a little blade on top of it. So if we punch someone as soon as the fist collides with the skin they start so bleed. If you're very unlucky - like Mabel was for example - the blade slides along your skin leaving a fat cut behind. That's why we're called the Cuts.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk?" He nods, not even able to say something anymore. I lean over him as I put my hands on the back of the chair making him look up at me in fear. "What do the people like to say?" I almost whisper into his ear. "The- They doubt if the m- mercy cut is real or not" he stutters with fear in his voice. In case you're wondering, the mercy cut is a cut we give our victims when we're done with them. We're known for not having any mercy so don't think we're letting them leave. Instead we slit their throats to release them from the pain they're going through.

I nod while pressing my lips together and then licking them. "And what do they say about me?" I ask sadistically. I love to hear the fear in someone's voice when they know they're gonna be killed soon. "They- They say your mercy c- cuts are the most brutal of them all." "Mhm" I stand up again and position myself behind the chair. With my one hand I pull his head up by his hair since he's already too weak to hold it up himself. "What do you think, Marco? Should I do the mercy cut or do you want to do it?" I ask sarcastically. An evil smirk appears on Marcos face "I think you should do it".

"No no no please please!" the man screams as I pull his head up a little more to face me. "What's wrong? What are you scared of?" "You're cuts are known to be the most brutal of them all. Please don't-" I interrupt him by putting my index finger on my lips and shushing him calmly. I look at Marco and he throws a knife in my direction for me to catch it.

The man screams in pain as I place the first cut right on his adams apple. I continue to cut under his adams apple and then mini cuts along his throat making blood flow out of his throat but not enough for him to die yet. As he's begging and screaming for mercy I make a straight but slow cut and watch the life drain out of his pale body.

"Let him bleed out and then clean up in here" I demand as I drop the knife to the floor and walk out of the room.