bruised

"Bring me to her" I demand. I walk over to room 24 and hesitate to go in. It can't be her. It must be another Mabel.

I open the door and go into the dim room revealing Mabel tied up on a chair with bruises and blood all over her face. My annoyed facial expression drops to a more concerned as well as surprised one. I feel anger rise in me as I see how bad her face is injured.

"Who did that?" I ask my security with an angry voice. "Justin took care of her." "Since when do I allow to beat up girls before I could talk to them" I roar making my voice echo through the room. No one says anything - of course.

I go over to Mabel to release her wrists and ankles from the cable binders. I pick her up and carry her out of the room and into an empty nursing room where I sit her down on a table. "What the fuck were you doing here?" I growl causing her to flinch. "I followed you because I wanted to talk to you" she answers intimidated, struggling to talk without letting the blood coming from her lip flow out of her mouth.

I hand her a small cardboard bowl to spit the blood in. I take out a cloth and run warm water over it which I use to wash the blood off her face to see how bad the injuries really are. "A bruised cheekbone, a black eye, a teared up lip and eyebrow and a cut on your bruised cheek all because of your fucking nosiness" I say in a more calm tone but still angry at her stupidity. She doesn't answer. Instead she looks at me with those fucking puppy eyes of her. I can't be angry with her when she gives me that look. Sometimes I think she doesn't even do it on purpose. It's just the way she looks in certain situations - mostly when someone is angry with her or when she did something wrong.

"That's probably going to burn" I say as I soak another cloth in alcohol to clean out her cuts and lip as she flinches in pain. "I'll have to stitch that" I say as I get up to get a needle and thread. "Where have you learned all of that?" she asks. It's more of a blubbering than talking. No wonder, her lip must hurt like a bitch. "I taught myself. This will hurt since I don't have anything to numb it." "Oh my lord" she sighs. She holds onto the edges of the desk with her eyes shut, preparing herself mentally for the pain.

I grin at her in amusement as I shake my head. She opens her eyes a little "why aren't you beginning? I want to get it over with." "You can hold onto my arm if you want to." She grabs my bicep tightly with one hand, the other still at the edge of the desk as I start to work on her cheek with five stitches and then go over to her lip. I need to stitch two different spots of her lip since this seems to be the most torn up part of her face. After I'm done I brush her lip down with my thumb to have a look at her teeth. Luckily they're still fine. I give her a bag of ice to put on her cheek since it's already pretty swollen.

"I'll drive you to my house" I say while packing the first aid stuff away. I pick her up bridal style and walk out of the building. "I can walk myself" she says causing me to chuckle. "I know but I won't let you."