regret

As I pick it up I start to cry. I grab my bag and drive home. I can't believe he reacted like this. It's not like I got pregnant on purpose.

I pack up my stuff and drive to my house where I take a shower and lay down on my bed. I hope the baby is okay. As tears and sobs escape me I look down to my belly and place my hands on it. "I guess it's just us now" I cry. After a while I eventually fall asleep.

Aryan's pov
"You knew it" I roar through the training hall as I burst in and walk over to René. He just looks at me in shock. "DID SHE TELL YOU?" I scream even louder causing everyone to flinch. "I- I- She asked me how you would react so I instantly knew" "When?" "This morning" he gulps in fear.

I look at him in disbelief. Why did she tell him before me? Is she scared of me? I always thought she wasn't but I'm starting to doubt it.

I realize that everyone in the hall is looking at me in shock. I turn around and rush out to my car. As I arrive at home I storm inside and see that Mabel is nowhere to be found. I run upstairs to an empty bedroom. All of her stuff is gone.

A knot forms in my stomach and my heart drops. She's gone. "FUUUCK" I scream out loud as I punch my wall leaving a hole behind. Blood trickles from my knuckles but I choose to ignore the stinging pain that comes from them.

Instead I take out my phone and call her. She doesn't pick up.

————————————

I'm lying in bed, all awake with my mind twirling around one thing.

Mabel and the baby. Our baby.

I don't know what to think. I never wanted to have kids but with Mabel I actually contemplated it in my head before. Why does it have to be now? She's only sixteen and the war with the Rapers is right around the corner. This is the worst timing ever.

I grab the little box on my nightstand and snap it open, revealing a small ring. The silver material meets a little blue, heart-shaped diamond in the middle. The diamond is just the perfect size for Mabel's finger; not too big, not too small.

I look at it for a minute and then close it before placing it where it was originally standing again. A disappointed sigh leaves my mouth before I close my eyes to try and sleep.

I guess that's it. There will be no wedding.

————————————

I'm about to interview a Raper we just grabbed sneaking around in front of our office. "I'm not in the mood for games today so let's just make it easy for you and me" I state as I walk in.

"I won't say anything" he says full of hatred. "Well, too bad for you" I say before adjusting my ring and punching him across the face. The blades leave behind a deep cut along his cheekbone and nose with blood flowing out of it's source.

He whimpers in pain with his heavy-looking head just hanging down. I think the only reason he's still sitting on this chair is because he's tied to it. We normally let our victims dry out in complete abandonment and darkness for about one to two days before talking to them - depends on the person.

He looks up at me, laughing. "Why are you laughing? Why is he laughing?" I snap at Marco earning a shrug from him.

"Why so angry? Did the spoilt brat leave you?" he laughs out loud. From that moment on all I see is red. I take my knife and slit his throat angrily.

"What did you do?" Marco rushes over to him. "We didn't even get a single piece of information out of him" he says in disappointment.

"Cry me a fucking river he wouldn't have told the truth anyway" I snap at him angrily before I walk out.

Behind me I hear him running after me. I don't want to talk so I pretend not to notice him. "I know you're not yourself right now and that you have a lot to deal with but you can't endanger our work" he says. "Lucky me I'm the boss and can do whatever I want" I scoff, still not looking at him.

"Why did you get her pregnant if you don't even like her? Just because you can?" That sounded like a statement rather than a question which causes me to stop in my tracks and turn to face him.

Judging by his facial expression I know he immediately regrets his comment, justifiably. I grab him by his throat and press him against the wall next to us to lift him up a few inches from the floor.

His hands try to separate my fingers from his neck but he has no chance. "If I hear even the slightest disrespect to me or Mabel and the baby again be sure it will be the last thing you say" I warn through gritted teeth before letting go of him.

He grasps for air with his hands on his knees. "Now leave. As far as I remember there's a lot of work waiting for you in your office" I give him an evil look and walk out of the building.