evil

I'm having a workout session with my personal trainer late at night when suddenly my phone starts ringing. I grab it and an unknown number appears on my display. "Give me a minute," I mutter as I walk out of the room, my gaze fixated on the word 'anonymous'.

"Hello?" I ask, hoping to god that it's not Sarah. I don't have it in me to argue with her a second time today. I'm too exhausted. Especially after I spent the rest of my day asking myself why on earth Aryan is back and what he wants from me. I can't do this again.

"Mabel?"

Speaking of the devil. Or should I say Devlin?

I exhale annoyed, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. "Why are you calling me? And who even gave you my number?" I exclaim when I realize, dropping my hand with a frown on my face.
"I thought we had had a date? You really hanging up on me the first chance you get?" I can practically hear the smirk on his face and the voice in my head telling me to smack it off is even louder.

"I've no idea what the fuck you're up to again and what you're doing here. However, if it has anything to do with me, I think you're missing an important point. I'd rather eat nails than deal with you again," I forestall, hoping I made clear just how serious I am this time.

I'm met with silence. Actually, that's too silent.

"Yeah right, I was hoping you'd say that," his voice isn't coming from the phone anymore. It's right behind me. Before I can bring myself to think, I turn and swing at him. He doesn't dodge my attempt, he grabs my fist, stopping me midway.
I look at him in shock as I fight against him. He's too strong. In less than a second, I'm against a wall and his body pressed against mine. I want to scream but a warning look from him makes me exhale the already captured oxygen. And the feeling of cold metal against my throat only underlines his warning.

"You really thought I helped you earlier?" The look on my face makes him laugh and throw his head back. "Well, if you didn't help me, what was it?"
His gaze meets mine again, his green eyes piercing into mine as a strand of dirty blonde hair falls into his face and his laughing falters. "I helped myself," he states.

Not daring to ask what he meant by that, I ask another one of the questions that have been bugging me. "What do you want?" I ask Aryan. "You'll find out soon enough, or you won't. Not really any of your business if you ask me," he shrugs.

"As to right now," he comes closer. "I'm here for a specific brown-haired girl with hazel eyes. About this high," he gestures his hand at my body height, obviously making fun of me.

"You're pathetic," I spit, catching his gaze again. "You ran away without a word, leaving me with my own thoughts and now you're back. Since you can't seem to tell me why, I assume you either feel bad and would rather keep on fighting than apologize or you're simply bored. No matter what it is, I won't play your little game anymore."

"Keep on thinking that if it pleases you. But please get rid of your conceited self. It's pathetic of you to think I have any interest in getting things straight with you. I came here to tell you that I'm back and also to speak a warning. I will leave you alone in school but if you ever have the misfortune of crossing my way outside of those walls, you won't be so lucky."

His eyes have darkened into black shades by the time he's done talking. He's even scarier than when I last saw him, more evil. More wicked. And honestly, it scares me.
"Sleep well, Amabella Winchester. It might be the last restful one you'll get in a long time," he says, his eyes gleaming evilly as he steps back. He flashes a grin and then nods me off with his head.

Chin held high and my gaze fixated on him in a challenging way, I leave. I won't ever cower before him again.
He might have grown more dangerous, but so have I. And if he think's I'll step back and watch him do whatever he wants, he's definitely underestimated me.

What the fuck was that?

I get back to my personal trainer, Greg, and we finish the workout. Greg is a good friend of my parents. He was my babysitter when I was little and now he's my personal trainier. He's the kind of guy everyone is scared of. Very big and very tall. He has a full-beard and a bald head. Greg is like my second dad, or like an uncle to me. He also taught me how to fight.

„We're done for today, good job kid," Greg says. He gives me high five and we say goodbye. „See you on Saturday, Greggy," I shout while waving at him as I leave the building. I earned myself a frown for that nickname, knowing he hates it.

At home I take a shower and throw on my pajamas. I'm scrolling through my Instagram feed when I hear a sound coming from my window. I pause and listen. There it was again.

Wait, what if it's Aryan?

He warned me not to cross his path and him showing up at my house would be foul play. Then on the other hand, it's Aryan.

I stand up and slowly move towards the window, ready to tell him off. My parents aren't here but the neighbors are very likely to see him and snitch.
I take a look outside and, to my surprise, it's not my little devil, sent to personally haunt me and make my life a living hell, that's standing in my backyard.
I open the window and whisper-shout at my stalker. "What are you doing here?" "Can I come in?" Eros whisper-shouts back.

A nod and five seconds later he's climbing up the tree in front of my room and into my window. „Elegant," I say, nodding my head and crossing my arms. „So, what do you want?" „It's because of Sarah-" "The little psycho?" I interrupt. "Don't say that," he snaps. "But yeah." "What did she do?" "We were having sex and she asked me to call her Mabel", Eros said with a disturbed look on his face.

I couldn't help but break out into a fit of laughter. "I told you but you didn't wanna listen to me, idiot," I exclaim, smacking the back of his head. He laughs as well but then goes quiet and locks eyes with me, making me stop laughing too. He comes closer and brushes my hair behind my ears.

Please, God, if you're up there do something!

He goes in for a kiss but I back up. "No. We probably shouldn't do that. I really prefer my single life and Amy wouldn't be happy about that. I just got her back," I say, pressing my hand on his chest to create some distance.

"Sister before mister, huh?" he adds with a heavy sigh and I nod my head once. "Adding to that you still have a girlfriend and I might not respect her as a person but that doesn't mean I don't respect her as a girl, you know?" He looks at me and nods in disappointment. Then he leaves.