ChApTeR-1❤️

Life should've been far, far more exciting than this. Virat had always envisioned ditching school and living halfway across the country from his orphanage, just as he had envisioned a life that wasn't continuing the same old bland life. Against his better judgment, he had decided to leave the only place he actually knew. Well, it may have not been all that bad after all. He hated the people in the orphanage with passion. The warden at the orphanage didn't like him either. Why?

1.He was young and bold-he never followed anything blindly.

2. They knew that they could never win over him with words.

3. They knew he wouldn't bow down.

4. They knew he was daring and he wasn't the one to be intimidated.

5. He dreamt- he dreamt of all the happiness that he could not remember.

6. He aspired to become a cricketer.

7. He promised himself that he will do whatever it takes to reach his goals.

8. Once he made up his mind about something, there was no talking him out of it.

He had once heard some people at the orphanage say that his parents had left him there as they did not have time to look after him. Well, he didn't know much about family because he didn't have one... But he did know that parents weren't supposed to ditch their children for their careers. He didn't care though. He didn't mind being alone. He knew what he wanted. Just two more years and he could just leave this awful place and fulfill his dreams.

He looked at his watch. It was 08:30 p.m. He should have been at the orphanage around an hour ago, but he had never been the rule following kid, so he didn't care about the consequence. He stopped showing people his real emotions when he was 12. He still remembered that evening. He had gotten back to the orphanage 5 minutes late and the warden had locked him up in his room without food for a whole day. At that time, he was scared. He had yelled and cried and banged the door swearing that he would never be late again but no one paid any attention to him and now, at 17, he wasn't scared anymore. He was a fighter who would fight till his very last.