ChApTeR-23❤️

"The warden is going to be on rounds now." AB replied uncertainly but tried to come up with a plan anyway when he saw how crestfallen Virat was.

"I think we should run a trial round first..." Faf replied looking at AB.

"Trial round?" both AB and Virat asked confused while the former was sure that his bestie had finally lost it.

"Yeah. Get biscuit out." Faf said urgently.

"What for?" AB asked even more confused.

"Where is biscuit?" Faf asked looking inside the cupboard and under the bed, completely ignoring AB.

"I'll do you one better. Who is biscuit?" Virat asked not liking being out of the loop.

"I'll do you one even better. Why biscuit?" AB asked done with being ignored.

"Biscuit is a card board man." Faf replied vaguely as he resumed his search.

"What?" Virat asked unsure if he had heard him correctly.

"Back in first year, Faffy and I had to do a group project together on some topic, I don't even remember. So we made a card board mannequin of a man." AB explained.

"And you named him biscuit?" Virat asked intrigued and wierded out.

"Ahha! There's my boy!" Faf said as he pulled out a decent looking cardboard mannequin from one of the shelves.

"Is that my shirt?" AB asked all of a sudden looking at the dusty shirt draped around the mannequin.

"Well, how does that matter?" Faf asked carelessly.

"I have been searching for that shirt!" AB replied annoyed.

"Why would you be looking for it, Mr.?" Faf asked challengingly while Virat looked on at their argument as if he was watching a badminton match.

"They are memories." AB replied softly.

"Memories of what? The toxic relationship you were in with Sandra? "

"Her name was Sarah." AB weakly corrected.

"And? Should I care? If I see that cheating woman again-" Faf see they looking like he wanted to punch something in the room.

"You didn't answer my previous question. Why do you call the mannequin biscuit?" Virat asked trying to diffuse the arising tension.

"In South Africa, when you like someone, you call them biscuit." AB replied in the way of an answer. Virat, if anything seemed even more confused.

"This was our first time working together, Virat. This was the beginning of our friendship. The first time we talked and realised that there is someone out there who understands you, dreams the same thing and will support you no matter what." AB said softly smiling at Faf who reciprocated.

"Are you guys going to kiss?" Virat asked looking at the way the other two were looking at each other.

"God! What-" Faf and AB coughed and looked at Virat."Why would you say that, brat?"

"First of all, I'm not a brat. Second, the way you looking at each other, I thought you would kiss." Virat replied simply.

"So you really like this mannequin huh?" Virat asked staring at it.

"It was like our child." AB answered smiling lightly.

"And you left our child in the cupboard for two years?" Faf asked AB passing him a very unimpressed look.

"Well, you are the father. You have some responsibility here too." AB replied playfully shoving Faf.

While Virat could watch and listen to them banter all day, he was sure that by this point, Rohit would have caused a havoc by now.

"Well, this has been real fun, but what about getting me out of here?" Virat asked drawing the attention back to himself.

"Right. What's the big plan, Faf?" AB asked.

"Okie, so Virat, you need to hide somewhere in this room while AB and I go and see of the coast is clear or not. If the warden catches us, we'll make up an excuse. Using biscuit as a bait, we'll check which is the best way to get him out without drawing any attention."

"Faf, you're a genius!" AB said in awe.

"I always have been. You just realised it." Faf said popping his imaginary collar. Then he turned to Virat.

"Take your clothes off." Faf demanded.

"What do you mean?" Virat asked horrified covering his chest with his hands and backing away.

"Way to sound like a creep man!" AB said questioning his friendship with Faf.

"Listen you knuckle heads. We'll have to obviously roam around. Once with this mannequin and another time with this grown man child. It will be suspicious of he's wearing different clothes than the mannequin."

"But what of someone notices us and knows that this guy had also worn the same thing. People would accuse us of kidnap and possible murder." AB retorted.

"Well, that's a good point." Faf agreed. He quickly pulled out another shirt after some rummaging from his cupboard and put it on the mannequin while tossing the old shirt on the floor.

"Wait - is that my shirt too?" AB asked suspiciously.
"How does it matter? What is yours is mine, bestie!" Faf replied with a smirk which assured AB that the shirt is indeed his. He just shook his head at his friend's antics. He'll make sure to drag him to his next shopping trip.

"Why that shirt though?" AB asked.

"It matches the most with what he has on right know so its not suspicious either way." Faf realised.

"Come on, man. Help me with this." gesturing to AB.

"Virat, remember. You have to hide in this room. Don't come out of your hiding spot until we come in and call for you." Faf instructed.

"Okie." Virat replied and moved under the bed.

"Is it that comfortable under there?" Faf asked with a smirk.

"Shut up and come back fast!" came a muffled reply.

AB and Faf snorted and left the room carefully closing the door behind.

"Go check if the coast is clear." Faf ordered AB.

"Why me?" AB complained.

"Because I'm holding the mannequin and because I said so." Faf replied smugly.

"Fine." AB groaned and relented.

Faf hid behind a pillar until he got an all clear signal from AB. They had almost managed to get out of the back door when they heard a commanding, unwelcome voice.

"STOP right there boys." and the duo halted.