ChApTeR-7❤️

"So what do you want to do?" Sachin asked Virat as his besties drove away.

"Can we go somewhere out?" Virat asked cutely. He hadn't felt so free for so many days until yesterday and he couldn't get enough of it.

"Kaha?"

"Kahin bhi!" Virat answered simply.

"Acha theeke chalte hain but you need to change first though." Sachin said. "Come with me I'll get some clothes for you."

"Okie." Virat squealed. He started to go inside out in his excitement, he tripped over his own legs and would have landed quite painfully on his back if not for Sachin pa catching him at the correct time.

"Tu kya koi injury magnet hai kya? Do second kya khali choda, jaake zameen par apna sar phodne wala tha. " Sachin said as he righted him and checked him for any injuries.

"Are galti ho gayi na paji. Danto mat mujhe! " Virat pouted.

"Main daant kaha raha hoon? " Sachin asked as he kept a firm grip on Virat's hand so that he wouldn't fall again.

They safely made it to his room and Sachin took out some clothes for Virat to wear. Virat wanted to change in privacy but couldn't ask the resident of the room to get out. He had barely managed to deflect all the attention from his hurt hands by giving a lame excuse... But what possible explanation could he give to the scars on his back and chest. He couldn't actually tell his idol that he couldn't stand up for himself in front of some bullies. What if he thinks he is weak and leaves him alone. Virat did not want that.

He slowly turned his back to the mirror. The scars on his chest were far less than that on the back and if he worked fast enough... He could get changed before the other occupant of the room even noticed the bruises and cuts. But that proved to be a wrong assessment because as soon as he lifted the hem of his shirt mid way, he heard Sachin pa gasp. He forgot that his back was facing a mirror and so Sachin pa could see all those bruises.

But before  Sachin pa could say something, his phone rang. The name-'Mahiya'with a ♥ flashed on his screen.

" Meet me in the living room in 5 minutes." Sachin pa said leaving no place for arguments . Virat thanked his stars and quickly got dressed. The clothes were a bit big in him but it was nice and warm.

He quickly made it to the living room to see Sachin pa still on the phone.

"Yuvi! Stop troubling Mahi and don't worry, Yuvi... A few harmless pranks once in a while is necessary. Your other two brothers are too uptight and don't know how to have fun like me anyway. Don't worry I'll save you from their scoldings."

Virat could hear a cheer ring from the other end. He decided to wait in the corner patiently till the phone call would be over. He was in no hurry to address the topic of his scars. At the same time, Sachin noticed him standing in the corner.

"Acha kiddos. I need to keep the call now. Your Jammy bhai and Dada will reach there any minute now.... Go trouble them and call me if you get into trouble. I love you guys. Chhote khumbkaran ko bhi keh dena. Bye!"  Sachin said as he cut the call.

"Come here Virat." Sachin said as he sat down on the couch. Virat shuffled towards him nervously. Well, Sachin's face did look like a thunder cloud at the moment and Virat had no intentions to hurry up. When Virat was close enough Sachin grabbed his hand and pulled him to sit in the couch.

"So.... wanna tell me where you got all the scars from?"

"Woh.. Woh paji I was just playing around with the guys in my orphanage and got hurt by accident." Virat said trying to come up with another excuse. He couldn't possibly tell him what hell he used to live in. As much as he hated it, he needed the orphanage. He was only 17 after all, he couldn't live alone and he had no other place to stay.

"I don't know why you insist on lying to me Virat. But I get it, I am a stranger to you." Sachin tried his hand at emotional blackmail.

"Nahi paji aisa nahi h!" Virat cried. He might have known his idol up close only for a day, but he hadn't felt so loved or a part of the family before. He didn't want to hurt Sachin pa with his words.

"Toh bata sach me kya hua?" Sachin asked. Virat was struggling to answer and Sachin pa felt bad that he was forcing the kid to say something he clearly didn't want to.

"Achcha chod. Tell me, does it hurt?"

"Nahi -"

"The truth please, Virat."

Virat bit his lip "Haan. Bahut."

"Chal mere saath." Sachin said as he dragged virat back to the room with first aid. He carefully removed Virat's shirt and he immediately came to two conclusions.
1. The scars were new.
2. Those scars did not look accidental ... It looked like the attacker had every intention to harm him.

He tried to be as gentle as possible. Each one of Virat's little pain filled cries hurt him. He decided to wind it up fast and just hugged Virat to him and Virat reciprocated by curling into him.

"Come on let's go get ice cream and then we can go get your things from the orphanage." Sachin said after almost half an hour.

"Okie pa" Virat said happily. He loved ice cream! Sachin helped his clothes back on very carefully. Sachin just smiled at how excited the little kid used to get for the littlest of things! "He would get along well with the other kids." Sachin pa said happily.

They quickly drove through to an ice cream shop. "You wait in the car. I'll go and buy the ice cream fast and come. Konsa flavour chahiye?"

"CHOCOLATE! " Virat said excitedly. He had had ice-cream cream only a few times when he could save up enough money from his lunch money to do so and that too used to be fruit ice creams. And then one day, one of his class mates had given him chocolate ice-cream because he "did not want to have it anymore of the same old." but Virat didn't mind it. He loved that flavour since the first time he tried it.

"Alright, chocolate it is!" Sachin pa said laughing.