ChApTeR-3❤️

Virat started walking further away from the orphanage. There was a cricket practice ground where he would see people play. Ah that sport! It almost felt like he had fallen in love with it. Every morning, he'd see some older men/ boys playing there and he would want nothing more than just to go there and play too. Sometimes the security guard would let him in and play. He looked at his watch again. It was around 12 at night. The moon thoroughly lit up the ground. He saw a bat lying on the side. The handle was slightly broken but usable. Not according to one of those 'rich' people though, considering the fact that the bat was literally thrown away. He made his way to the bowling machine and turned it on. He was poised to bat. This was how he did it everyday. He saw the ball coming and hit it straight for a six. He smiled. He liked to see the ball fly away. He hit another and another and another. He lost track of time like every other time he played. It was around 02:00 a.m now. He was so engrossed in playing that he didn't realise that someone was standing behind and watching him.
"You play really well!"he heard a voice from behind him. He got startled and turned back to look at the source of the voice only to be hit by the ball on his head. And then, all went back.

Sachin Pa's pov

"I am so pissed at Sourav ! He told me that he would call me two hours ago and he still hasn't. I even stayed awake for him. In the beginning I at least had Vada Pav to keep me company . Lekin abh voh bhi khatam hogaya yaar ." I told Jammy slightly pouting towards the end. His best friend did not call me when he told him he would. So he did the only logical thing and complained about this best friend to his other best friend..... At 12:00 a.m. Admittedly, it was a bit crazy but come on, these people had literally stayed together for so long that they were very close and knew each other's mannerisms quite well.

"Sach, calm down yaar! Koi kaam aagaya hoga usko, BCCI ka president hain woh."

"Aisa konsa kaam hain jo merse zyada important hain?"

"Sach yaar tu bacha hain kya? Mahiya aur Yuvi ko udhar hona chahiye tha. Then they would have known ki unke Sach pa jo unke saamne itna mature act karte hain, asal main kaise h"

"Tu toh rehne de! Tu hamesha uski hi side leta hain. Ja mujhe nahi baat karni tujhse" Sachin said and kept the call. He was so annoyed by his friends that he decided to take a walk. Yes, at 12:00 a.m. He was walking around his academy when he heard the unmistakable sound of the bat hitting the ball. He walked around to investigate and was surprised to see a kid batting with the bowling machine with no adequate light. But that didn't seem like a problem to the kid. Sachin just sat there and looked at the kid. The passion and fire ain't his eyes were so visible. He was jolted from his trance as he felt his phone vibrate. "20% remaining. Enter low power mode."
He just ignored the message but saw the time was 02:00 a.m. He decided that he'll talk to the kid and slowly approached him as to not startle him. The kid did not even realise that he was watching him.

"You play really well!" I said. It was a bad decision I decided when the ball hit the kid right on his head and he would have face planted if I had not caught him. I carefully laid him on the ground.
My phone vibrated again "10% remaining. Enter low power mode."
If my phone did not shut up soon, I would throw it to the other end of the field.

I put my phone on silent mode and looked at the kid again. He looked really young and a bit weak. I don't know why I felt like taking the kid to my farm house with me which was not too far from my academy, but that's exactly what I did. I lifted the kid carefully into my arms and laid him down in the passenger seat of my car. I kept looking at him from the rear view mirror and the urge to protect him kept getting stronger and stronger the more I looked at him. And I couldn't help but think about his batting. Yes, there were some flaws, but it was nothing that a bit of training couldn't help. But will his parents allow me to train him? It would be a pity if they wouldn't cause this guy is just amazing. Wait a minute... Is he old enough though? I didn't realise that I had reached my farm house thinking about all this. I carefully took him into the house. The kid was so light. I laid him on my bed cause my room was the warmest and it was quite cozy as well. That action surprised me too. I usually let only my kiddos into my room then why was I being the same with this stranger.
"Power off"my phone declared as it switched off. I exhaled totally annoyed. My phone is just like Sourav, always irritating me. Well, the phone was gifted to me by him. He is my bestie and the best person I have ever met but currently, I'm angry at him. I'll wait till tomorrow morning to call him back. "I should keep my phone for charging too." I thought to myself but I had absolutely no energy to move. So I took my blanket and pillows, made sure the kid was warm(it was freezing outside), kept a jug of water near him and left the room after pecking him on the forehead. He smiled a little in his sleep. I had a smile on my face as I left the room but as soon as I left the room, I thought to myself-"Why did I do that? Why do I want to keep him close to me and never let go?"
I made myself comfortable in the guest room and soon went off to sleep.

Little did he know what storm he was going to face in the morning.