ChApTeR-34❤️

The drive back was a hilarious as well as a dangerous one. With Jaddu trying to tell them a story, and Virat and Shikhar poking fun at it. They were actually quite crammed up, but because Virat was sitting on Rohit's lap, he was quite comfortable.

Rohit was busy chatting with Jinks about something when he saw Virat nodding off. He gently guided Virat's head back to his shoulder so that he could sleep properly while everyone else just cooed at the duo.

The car soon stopped in front of their house.

"Virat... Uth jaa, ghar pahunch gaye!" Rohit said softly as he rubbed Virat's back gently. Virat opened his eyes and looked around slowly trying to gather his surroundings.

"Bye bhaiyyas! Good night!" Virat greeted, still trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Bye bacha, good night!" Everyone chorused back and Virat dutifully waved at the car until it was completely out of sight.

"Rohit bhaiyya?" Virat called out as they were walking towards the door.

"Hmm." Rohit answered.

"Godi!" Virat whined. Rohit just chuckled and lifted Virat in his arms. For a seventeen year old, he was still very small. And he easily fit into anyone's arms.

 And he easily fit into anyone's arms

(Again, imagine them in casuals.)

Rohit quickly made his way to the door and rang the bell.

"Well, hello there boys, thoda jaldi nahi aa gaye?" Sach pa asked sarcastically as it was already 11:30. If it was anyone else, they would have called the cops to search the entire city. But because this was Rohit who had a history of forgetting the time and not answering the phone, they were not that worried.

"Sach pa, kal daant lena, aaj sone do!" Rohit whined as he carried Virat in.

"Laa. Mujhe de, main lejata hu." Sachin told Rohit trying to take Virat from Rohit's arms but Virat just clung to him stubbornly.

"Main hi lejata hu, pa. After all, I am his favourite brother!" Rohit exclaimed.

"What! Yeh kab hua?" Mahi and Yuvi whined in jealousy while the seniors watched on with a mild degree of amusement.

"He looks the most like me." Rohit shrugged non- caringly as always. Yuvi was going to retort back when he felt Mahi stiffen again.

"Something is really wrong with him. I need to get him to talk." Yuvi thought to himself.

"Chalo, boys. It's too late to fight now. Go sleep." Jammy bhai intervened.

Rohit was all too happy to comply. He took Virat to his room which was right across to his. He quickly took his belt, watch, shoes and jacket off and laid his little brother properly and covered him with sheets. He then made his way to his room. Took off his watch, shoes, jacket and belt and laid down on his bed.

He woke up a little later when he felt a presence in his room. He opened his eyes to see a pouty Virat standing near his bed,clutching his blanket and pillow, his hair all ruffled from sleep looking at him owlishly.

"Oye kya hua?" Rohit asked immediately thinking that Virat had a nightmare. He pulled Virat close to him and made him sit on the bed next to him.

"Bura sapna." Virat answered simply. Rohit was going to kill Jaddu the next time he saw him. "Mujhe aapke saath sona h!" Virat whined to him.

"Haan, toh maine kab mana kiya? Aa jaa"Rohit said as he made Virat lie down next to him before lying down himself. Virat immediately snuggled into his chest.

Rohit smiled. This boy next to him was the only one who could wake him up in the middle of the night and actually be happy. He closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep again.

With Mahiraj-

Mahi had left to his room first, Yuvi following straight after. Mahi immediately went to his drawer and pulled out a photo of his parents in all but blood and looked at them for long. "He looks like me" Rohit's voice kept ringing in his ears.

"Oye Mahi, kya hua h tujhe? Kitne dino se dekh raha hu, you're acting wierd. Ab toh tujhe batana hi padega!" Yuvi demanded as he came into the room. He halted momentarily when he saw Mahi look at the picture.

"Yuvi, yeh photo dekh!" Mahi said desperately. "Look at mama's eyes and lips." He quickly pulled up a photo of Virat on his phone. "Doesn't it look similar?" Yuvi looked at the picture wordlessly. He had a feeling where this communication was headed.

"It does. But it is a long stretch, Mahi. Maybe another woman had the same kind of eyes?"

"This 100% match is not a chance, Yuvi!" Mahi exclaimed getting worked up.

"Acha chalo, maan bhi lo ki two people can have the same eyes, lekin look at this." He said pulling up a photo of Rohit.

"All three of them have same eyes. We felt an instant connection with the kid when he first came in, why would we? We have pranked so many juniors together but one pout from this kid and we're ready to kneel!" Mahi bhai said breathing heavily.

"Mahi, I understand your point. Calm down!" Yuvi said as he quickly took Mahi into a hug and the former immediate calmed down.

"Heck, they even laugh the same way - the crinkle in their eye, the way they throw their head back when they laugh. We had lost hope of finding this kid so much, that we were blatantly ignoring what was in front of us!" Mahi said as he finally let his tears drop. Yuvi was not much different. After Prem uncle had died because of cancer, they had thought that there would be absolutely no way to find the kid again. But looks like destiny had brought him to them.

"The kid would be 17 now." Mahi offered his last fact.

"And Virat is 17! He is our brother!" Yuvi let it sink in. Years of searching had finally paid off.

"Can we go to his room as see him once, please?" Mahi bhai asked vulnerable. He just wanted to see the kid after the big revelation. He wanted to pamper the kid and tell him all about how loving his real parents were. He grew up in an orphanage probably hating them. No. He had to clear the misconception.

"Abhi? Woh toh so raha hoga" Yuvi said.

"Please?" Mahi bhai requested again.

"Chal fir. Aur agar ek aur baar merse please bola na, toh thappad padenge tujhe!" Yuvi exclaimed as he dragged Mahi to Virat's room only to find it empty.

"Kaha gaya woh?" Mahi asked panicked.

"Hey hey relax. Rohit ke kamre me hoga.." Yuvi pa calmed down Mahi bhai and they silently made their way to Rohit's room. They smiled happily when they saw Virat sleeping curled up into Rohit.

The brothers had finally reunited after 17 years. It called for celebration. But first, the duo needed sleep.
They didn't need to say anything to the other. They just walked back to their own room, yawning in sync.