ChApTeR - 45❤️

The rest of the day went by uneventfully for the boys. Until it was time for dentention.

"Kane-o, Stevey, can you wait for us until the detention is done?" Maxi asked all of a sudden.

"Why???" Steve whined.

"Please." Glenn said with a tone of urgency.

"Ok" Kane agreed. Maxi never said please. It had to be really bad. After sending a quick message to their baby sitters, they entered the detention hall and of course, professor Jyran was the one invigilating. They were given a set of lines to write which they finished quite fast. Cause honestly, they didn't wanna stay there more than necessary.

The professor looked closely at Virat when he gave the papers to the professor.

"What is wrong professor?" Maxi asked coming from behind.

"Just felt like I have seen you before." the professor vaguely replied.

The boys didn't say anything, but Maxi dragged Virat out of the room fast.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Did you guys have to wait long?" Maxi asked as he saw Kane and Smith leaning onto the wall.

"Nah not really. Maxi - I needed a help..." Steve said.

"What?" Maxi asked.

"You remember how that warden took my head phones away? Do you think you could help me take it back?" Steve asked throwing in his puppy eyes for good measure.

"Don't give me those eyes, boy! I'll help you for sure. Let's go." Maxi said as he went near the office where all the confisicated items were kept.

"You guys keep guard, Stevey and I will go in and get it!" Maxi told Kane and Virat who just agreed.

"How will we get in though, Maxi-o?" Steve asked looking at his bestie.

"Through the window, of course, Stevey-o!" Maxi exclaimed. "Come on."

"If someone comes, clap boys." Maxi told the others and Kane and Virat nodded obediently. Steve and Maxi professionally climbed up the wall to the office. It helped that there were absolutely no cameras around.

"Is that your head phones?" Maxi asked looking at one that looked brand new.

"Yes." Smith squealed looking at his head phones.

"Ok. Now let's get the baby out!" Maxi exclaimed as he opened the cupboard with the keys on the table.

"Oh how I have missed you!" Steve squealed holding the headphones close to his heart.

"Let's mess things up a bit!" Maxi said getting an evil idea.

"Why?" Steve asked confused.

"For whatever reason, they seem to think that they are being haunted by a ghost." Maxi said as he carefully messed up the place so that it won't look suspicious. That's when they heard the clap but they couldn't move out of the window because they could also hear footsteps coming towards them so they moved behind a cupboard. They hid the open window with the curtain. Soon, the door opened.

"You need to calm down, Gokul!"

"How can I calm down? Jyran being here cannot be good!"

"I know Gokul-"

"You know it too Gauti! The last summer that Jyran was here, there was a murder!"
Gokul exclaimed. Maxi had to cover Smith's mouth to avoid the gasp leaving him.

"What could he want now?-" Gauti asked. That's when the wind blew and the curtain started flying about. Only then, did they see the messed up room amd the key that was hanging from the hole swing in an eery way.

Both the professors screamed and left the room. Maxi and Steve looked at each otger, both sweating.

"We need to go. Now." Glenn said with urgency and Steve nodded. They quickly climbed out of the window and closed the window and ran towards where Kane and Virat were standing tensed.

"What happened? We clapped ages ago! We were planning to come up there!" Kane exclaimed.

"Just come with us!" Glenn said as he dragged his best friends away towards the hostel.

"What happened? " Virat asked.

"Nothing." Maxi answered him shortly. "Come with me." he demanded and the group quickly reached their hostel. He watched as Kane and Steve got into their room and then dragged Virat to the room with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You boys have had quite a day, eh? Got detention already?" Vishal bhaiyya asked jokingly when the two came in.

"Where is Vikas?" Glenn asked nervously.

"He's on duty. I stayed behind." Vishal bhai answered truthfully sensing the urgency in Glenn's voice.

"What's wrong?" he asked gently keeping his hands on Glenn's shoulder looking at Virat for an answer who just shrugged confused.

"Virat, thoda sa paani la do please." Vishal bhaiyya said as he made Glenn sit on the chair.

"Ok bhaiyya" Virat said as he walked away confused.

"Professor Jyran is a murderer." Glenn told Vishal bhaiyya as soon as Virat was out of ear shot.

"What?" Vishal bhaiyya asked dumb founded.

"I heard Professor Gautam and Professor Gokul talking about. All these days, I heard them talk about something bad hapoening ages ago-"

"You were spying on them?" Vishal bhaiyya cut him off.

"No. I just over heard when I was im some uncomfortable situations. Today they took the name and what had happened." Glenn said in one breath.

"I'm sure your school would not have employed people without checking the facts." Vishal bhaiyya said trying to calm Glenn down.

"He is here on Professor Gautam's and Professor Gokul's trust." Glenn said.

"You might have misheard-"

"No no no. I heard it! Mr. Jyran committed a murder. Years ago. Which is probably till date a cold case. We need to call the cops!" Glenn exclaimed trying to get up from the chair.

"Hey hey shush. Sit down! Calm down! I'll look into it, ok?"

"How and what will you do? What can a cricket coach do when there is a murder involved?" Glenn asked irritated.

"Listen. Vikas and I are under cover detectives. Coaching is a cover." Vishal bhai said calmly trying to explain and Glenn calmed done though still confused.

"Does anyone else know about this?" Vishal bhaiyya asked.

"Steve and Kane" Maxi answered. "Steve and I had sneaked in into the security office to get his headphones that had been confiscated. And then these two came in and started talking about the murder and everything. Kane and Virat were waiting outside. Steve and Kane are room mates, so Steve would have told Kane." Maxi replied.

"Ok. Why didn't you tell this to Virat?" Vishal bhaiyya asked.

"I think it has something to do with Virat. The professor kept staring at him the whole day. I remember Rohit once telling me that his parents died in May. That's summer." Glenn exclaimed going to work himself up again. Now even Vishal bhaiyya had gone a bit pale.

"Don't tell anyone about this ok?" Vishal bhaiyya said to Glenn  with urgency. He didn't want this to attract much attention because he didn't want the potential suspects on the run. Glenn nodded his head.

"Bhaiyya, paani!" Virat announced as he brought the water and gave it to Glenn.

"Thanks, Virat!" Glenn said as he thankfully accepted the water.

"You know what boys, call Steve and Kane here. You boys can have pizza night here." Vishal bhaiyya proposed. He smiled when Virat let out an excited squeal. He would not let this kid get lost again.