ChApTeR-8❤️

After having the ice cream, Sachin drove back to the orphanage with Virat. He could see that the kid was a bit tensed but he just brushed it off.

He quickly pulled into the driveway of the orphanage when he got a call from his 'Little Khumbkaran😎😪💞'.

"These kids are going to be the death of me one day. " he thought out loud.

"Virat, ek kaam kar, you can get out of the car and stretch if you want. I'll just take this call and join you soon. I need to talk to your warden about something."

"Okie Sach pa" Virat chirped happily as he hopped out of the car. Sachin pa just chuckled at him and picked up the call.

"Paaji, dekho na Mahi bhai mujhe sone nahi de rahe! " he heard a voice whining from the other end. He sighed. Just how many kids did he have to babysit and didn't he tell them to irritate Jammy and Dadi? Why aren't they obeying him?

"Haan paaji! Yeh Hitler kahika hum sab ke jaan ke peeche pada hai" Yuvi yelled.

"Lekin you woke up so late. How can you be sleepy now?" Mahi could be heard yelling too. "And you, Mr. Yuvraj Singh, don't call me Hitler. Or I'll revoke your title as my best friend and get another best friend."

"Dare you Mr. Mahendra Singh. If you get another best friend, kute tera khoon pee jaunga main."

"How original! Dhamki toh khudka de deta. Kya movie ka dialogue copy kar raha hai"

"Abe words pe mat ja emotion pe aa"

"Phirse movie ka dialogue. And Rohit!!! Don't you dare crawl back under the blanket! If you do that, I'm literally not giving you anymore chocolate ever!"

"Koi baat nahi shaana! Woh nahi dega toh me dedunga. Hitler kahika."

"Acha? Main woh chocolate tujhse bhi chupake rakhunga. Bataunga bhi nahi ki kaha rakha h"

"Ha tu toh bas apne naye bestie ko bataega na ki tu apne cheeze kaha rakhta hai. Gadar."

"Main gadar nahi hu idiot! And ROHIT stop sleeping!"

"SACH PA!!!!! "
"DEKHO MERE JAISE NANHE,MASOOM SI JAAN KO SONE NAHI DE RAHE"
"ISSE DEKHO NA MUJHE GADAR BULA RAHA HAI"
"ISNE MUJHE IDIOT BULAYA"
three different voices yelled at the same time.

Sachin felt like ripping his hair from his scalp. Where were Jammy and Dadi when he needed them?

"ALL OF YOU SHUSH!" he yelled finally. "I told you to go and disturb Dadi and Jammy bhai na? Fir woh kyu nahi kar rahe ho? "

"Dada aur Jammy bhai ne room me ghuske door band kar diya aur bola ki aur disturb karenge toh practice aur jaldi kardenge" Rohit whined.

"Gadar log" Sachin muttered under his breath.
"Rohit, it's 3 in the afternoon, you can't sleep right now. Mahi, Yuvi, you guys are supposed to be the big brothers there. You both know Mahi can never find a best friend to replace you, Yuvi and Mahi is not even going to try. So you guys don't have to fight. Okay? "

"Okie paji"

"Okie, I gotta go theeke? I'll call you guys later okay? Behave, or maybe don't."

"Okie paji! Byeeeee!!!! Take care! "

"Take care bachchas! Byeee!!! " Sachin said as he cut the call with a smile on his face.

He got out of the car and looked around for Virat but he couldn't find him.

"Virat? "he called out but got no answer. He walked around trying to find the entrance to the orphanage.

"Virat? "he called out again but all he got was a muffled scream and a whimper. He did not have a good feeling. He quickly followed the sound to see Virat being completely surrounded by three people much bigger than himself. One guy pushed him harshly into a wall. The second guy - equally big kicked him harshly on the legs when the third guy was covering his mouth.

"HEY! WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE? " Sachin bellowed. He wasn't someone who lost his cool but when he saw the kid in pain, he couldn't help let his protective side take over.

"Sachin sir?! " one of the guys instantly recognised him and let go of Virat.

"We were just playing around" another guy replied following the lead and left Virat who almost crumbled to the floor. Sachin just gave them a look of disbelief.

The third guy saw that and nudged hard Virat "Right Virat? "

"Haa paji! We were actually just playing around ." virat said trying to hide his grimace.

"Maine sab kuch dekh liya Virat. There's no point lying now."Sachin said glaring at Virat who has the decency to look down. "And you, " Sachin said looking at the guy who had nudged Virat, "if you touch him again, you'll see the worst side of me."he said as he took Virat to his side and supported his weight.

"And who are you to threaten my children? "an old man asked coming outside. Sachin looked at him with distaste.

"And who are you that I must answer to? "he sassed back.

"I am the warden of this orphanage."

"Oh really?" Sachin felt Virat shivering so he pressed him closer to his body. "And you do nothing to stop these children from hurting those smaller than them? "

"Well, children who don't follow the rules here get punished . This boy has not come back since last night which is a clear breaking of the rules."

"And this is how you punish them? By beating them to pulp? "

"What is it to you? The kid had no issues.... Do you? "he asked as he turned his attention to Virat white just pressed himself closer to Sachin's body. Sachin just put his arm around him protectively. He looked at the shivering kid and remembered the scars. The kid who was smiling and laughing with him just moments ago was now trying to make himself as small as possible. His eyes which were so expressive, screamed that he was terrified but his face was set, as if determined to not show any pain and thus give any satisfaction to those hurting him.

"It matters to me because I am adopting him. " Sachin said with a smirk.

"What? " Sachin heard five voices ask.

"Yes, adopting-you know, taking someone under your wing and protecting and caring for them?" Sachin said. "Get me the papers by evening." he said as he turned around still holding Virat close to him leaving no place for arguments. "Let's go get your things from your room, hmm? "he said to Virat. "and after that we will go back home and you can rest."
Virat just nodded still shocked by the events. He quickly led Sachin to his room and took his already packed bag. Sachin saw the bag and decided that he definitely needed to take the kid shopping. But that would have to wait for some other day.

They finally got out of the orphanage and Sachin opened the door for Virat to get in.

"Let's go home, shall we?" Sachin asked Virat. He looked at Virat when he didn't receive an answer just to see him smiling absent mindedly.

"Kaha ghum hai? Kya soch raha hai? " he asked Virat keeping his hand on Virat's.

"Nothing, just-going home sounds nice." Virat said with a cute smile while Sachin fondly ruffled his hair. At that moment, he knew he'd fight with the world to protect his kiddo.