ChApTeR-24❤️

Faf and AB turned around to see the warden walk towards them purposefully.

"What have you guys got there?" The warden asked them suspiciously.

"We were just clearing up the room sir, and we found this lying in our shelf so we thought we'll get rid of it." AB replied.

"Never knew that you boys could comprehend the idea of cleaning. Weren't you sick, Faf?"

"Yes sir, but I'm feeling much better know, thank you. I have been stuck in bed since morning." Faf said lying easily.

"Alright then. Don't roam around and throw if fast." The warden said as he moved away.

"What does he mean - 'NeVeR kNeW tHaT yOu BoYs CoUlD cOmPrEhEnD tHe IdEa Of ClEaNiNg'? Does he think that we live in a pigsty?" Faf said to AB infuriated.

"I mean, Faf... With you, he's not far off the mark. Our room is kind of clean because I make an effort." AB replied.

"Now's not the time to argue about this B! We have to help the kid escape!"

"Of course." AB said smiling knowing that his bestie had said that only because he wanted to get the attention off him.

"We can't do it when the warden is roaming around." Faf replied seriously.

"We need to do something so that he moves away from the hostel." AB said.

"And he would only do that when there is a big ruckus inside the campus."Faf realised thoughtfully.

"Are you thinking what I am thinking?" AB asked.

"Sheesh AB! No wonder the kid thought we were a couple." Faf replied hitting AB.

"Shut up you idiot! And call Maxi." AB ordered hitting Faf back.

Faf rested the mannequin on the pillar and took out his phone to call Maxwell who picked up the call within a ring.

"Maxi, my man! Are you free?" Faf greeted enthusiastically while getting straight to the going and with no regrets knowing Maxi wasn't in the class.

"That depends. I'm currently bunking Mr. Sehway's lecture." Maxi grumbled.

"That bad,eh?" Faf chuckled. Mr. Sehway wasn't necessarily bad. He was just loudly opinionated. Someone who would laugh at those terrible jokes that no one even considered remotely funny. He was salty too and LOVED to criticise others.

"You lucky people are sitting in your room. It was such a bland day today. Apart from when Rohit created a din so big - he looked like he was ready to chop of Mr. Gambhir's head! His-"

"Maxi! We know.". AB cut him off before he went on a whole excited rant.

"Well, news travels fast,eh?" Maxi replied pouting slightly because he didn't get to complete his story.

"Yeah and well-"AB tried to continue.

"Well what? What? what?" was the excited reply he got.

"I would tell you if you let me continue-" AB replied.

"Go ahead. Sorry continue." He waa interrupted again.

"Well you see-" AB started again only to be interrupted.

"Rohit's younger brother is with us." Faf saud quickly getting straight to the point.

"What? You kidnapped a kid?" Maxi asked just for the dramatics.

"Shut up you idiot! We didn't kidnap him! Poor guy got lost and found his way to the top floor where we were playing the guitar. He got startled by that horrid rat and he didn't know his way back. So we offered to take him back to class but we had to keep our guitar back in the room but we couldn't make it back because the warden was on rounds." AB replied.

"Wow." was all Maxi could say.

"So we need to get the warden out of the hostel so we can get this kid back to You it before he goes on a rampage-"

"And he would only do that when there is a big ruckus inside the campus." Maxi completed.

"So you know why we called you?" AB asked.

"Of course, I'm free!" Maxi replied in glee.

"Of course you're free! How can Mr. Maxwell not be free when someone has to create a ruckus?"

"Okie, so I'll distract people here and you get the kid out. I'll text your cue. I have the best idea of the century" Maxi replied happily as he cut the called. Maxi well, he was their third room mate. The one who co-worked with Faf to give AB migraines and grow white haur way before his time.

"Well, now we wait... " Faf said dragging the mannequin and AB back to the room.
They were just walking back to their door (not even a minute went by) when they saw the warden running across the hall.

"Is everything ok sir?" AB asked as he saw him running.

"There's a fire in the building." The warden replied halting slightly."You didn't get rid of that thing?"

"We couldn't find the trash can sir and we didn't want to leave it around."

"Smart. They would have taken the trash can to clear it out. Well, I have to go."

"Someone set the building on fire?" Faf asked AB incredulously. Just then, their phones pinged with a notification from a certain Maxi.

'I pulled the fire alarm. This is your chance. Thank me later.'

Faf ans AB paused for a second not knowing if they should laugh or shake their heads. Of all the stunts that this man could have pulled!

They quickly went inside the room and called Virat  who made his way out.

"Did you find a way out?" Virat asked.

"No unfortunately, you're gonna have to spend the night with us." Faf replied.

"Shut up Faf! Virat, we need to go NOW. Here, put this on." AB said giving the short he had put on the mannequin to Virat in case anyone else spotted them.

Virat quickly put the shirt on and followed AB and Faf back to the building. All the students had piled out already.

"Go. Your brother is right there." AB said pointing at  Rohit standing at a distance looking worried.

"Your shirt?" Virat asked going to take it off.

"You can keep it!" AB said smiling.

"Thank you biscuit! "Virat said smiling while AB and Faf looked amused.

"What?"

"You said that in South Africa, if you like someone, you call them biscuit. I like you both sooo yeah..." Virat trailed off.

"You're welcome lil biscut!" Faf and AB replied smiling and the two of them hugged Virat.

"Won't you come with me to Rohit?" Virat asked.

"We unfortunately have to act like concerned students with the clear" Faf realised.
"And search for Maxi!." AB added.

"Yeah that too." Faf agreed.

"Who's Maxi?" Virat asked.

"Our third roommate. He's in first year too." AB said fondly.
"You both will make good friends. " Faf said with a laugh.
"God help us!" AB exclaimed as he joined in."Now go on. Your brother is tensed enough as it is." AB nudged him in the direction.

Virat smiled at them again and happily bounced off towards where Rohit was talking to someone on the phone.

"Mahi bhai dikh hi nahi raha h wo kahi!" Rohit sounded worried.

"Arre idhar hi toh hu!" Virat said from behind making Ro jump.

"Vi!" Rohit asked as he hugged Virat tight which he reciprocated. He pulled away after some time and glared at Virat.

"Kaha tha tu itne der?" He asked threateningly.